jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
I have been on 4 different sport boats this year tuna fishing, and every time I was on one ,we were poached by one or multiple private boaters who simply drove 20 knots up to the sport boat and parked either in the stern or right up swell of the chum line. People who obviously cannot find their own fish.
I get so tired of hearing some sport boat patrons spew this same montra. Look dude, you did not find your own fish....the captain found it for you. While you laid in your bunk, the captain was looking for "your" fish. Or while you were eating your breakfast burrito or hamburger, the captain was finding "your" fish. You didn't find shit except your rod in the rack. Sure you probably baited your own hook and most likely set the hook, but find "your" own fish...I don't think so.

PB'ers who find their own fish and very skilled at what they do. Most of us don't have anywhere near the equipment the sporties do and yet many of us are quite successful. Sure there are some dumb asses out there, but that's the case with sporties as well. Stop with "us against them" mentality...it's getting old.

sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
the way i see it.if those pb'rs arent flipping you off or chasing you down,then they must be ok wth what your doing...clearly the pursuit capt is a dick wad...and everyone else who thinks you were in the wrong..hey but everyone has an opionion
As a PBer if I "flipped off" or "chased down" every idiot I would hardly have time to fish. Most of those idiots are PBers and I'm not OK with it.

I will cut the OP a little slack cause it sounds like he didn't know he was a problem and I hope learned from this little exchange.

sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
Thought I would copy and paste this to this post.

Wow, when will Bloodydecks ever start a "whining like a little Bitch" forum title?

Real men go fishing and find their own fish and not post a thing.

By the way, if your intensions are to make people not fish on the Thunderbird or other sport boats, I got news for you, they are full every day and catch fish everyday and have been doing it for probably 75 years or so, long before private boating and definitely waaaay before the internet!
Edited for length by me...

Yes BD needs a new forum.

Yes they do.

Before the internet sure. I suggest you look at the history of SoCal fishing because PBers were out there before sporties existed.

lj.fish

Fun Shit Maynard!
May 28, 2007
LBC
Name
larry
Boat
Julia Lee
Mike we can anchor in 5 million fathoms, love the I Pilot. Jim Bob said thanks for the invite, but has to work. We are taking the beercan to Dana Pt. sat or should we go on down to ? Good luck tomorrow and let us know how you did.

Larry
The first boats in the area dictate the method.If their drifting you drift,if their anchored you anchor.
Never troll around anchored or drifting boats.If you can't deal with that you need to find your own fish.It's not that hard.
Just sayin'

Kentucky Fried Chicken

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 12, 2014
Name
kyle
Boat
titanic
PB'ers who find their own fish and very skilled at what they do. Most of us don't have anywhere near the equipment the sporties do and yet many of us are quite successful. Sure there are some dumb asses out there, but that's the case with sporties as well. Stop with "us against them" mentality...it's getting old.[/quote]

Never bagged on "all private boaters" , just the the whining lil bitches on here. I fish with private boats frequently and NEVER follow sporties or poach off them. Most private boaters are very respectful, very talented , and never poach other people. How many posts have you seen on this site of other private boaters poaching other private boaters? Hundreds that I've read. I never said I found "My" own fish, that's why I pay professional people to put me on fish. I just stated on all four trips I paid to have a professional Captain and crew put me on fish, "we" the entire paid passengers, were poached by private boaters, period. And as far as the "us against them" mentality" do you wonder why you don't see sport boats posting on this site, and yet they ALL post on the 976 site? Sorry, the line in the sand was drawn a long time ago by people bad mouthing different sport boats on this site. That "mentality" was started right here ! I am in no way condoning any asshat actions by any professional sport boat captains by any means, but this whole crybaby posting is nothing but lil girl drama. Go fishing, have fun, and if you want to post, post helpful informative info to help the online community.

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
the fish are still biting....go get some.

try to play nice.

thanks for your participation.

:shake:

Status
Not open for further replies.