8/31 Catalina YT and Disrespectful sportboat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raimond

Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine...
Mar 9, 2014
SoCal
Name
Ray
Boat
23' IMP Hardtop - "4 Reel"
If you had anchored between the two boats, the Pursuit would not have had room to park. Then you would have been writing about how well the 3 boats anchored together at Catalina did.

Last edited:

Black-is-Back

Wishin i was Fishin
Jun 21, 2009
So Cal
Name
Hey you
Boat
245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
You kept trolling back and forth between two boats that were 75yards apart?

The sport boat captain parked right between the same two boats you were trolling between?

Sorry bud but you and the Pursuit captain are two peas in a pod...

spear-fish

Something smells fishey
Aug 26, 2005
Chino
Name
Mike
Boat
77 Skippy 20 Open OB Spear-Fish III
Welcome to Bloody Decks!

1. When your trolling, you don't own a "spot" or "lane" or whatever you called it.
  2. When trolling, please stay away from me.
  3. If I were on the 2 other boats, I would much prefer a sport boat anchor up 75 yards away than a googan trolling back n forth through my chum.
  4. If your trolling, please stay away from me.

Reactions: mandoman68

retire555

eddie g
Sep 8, 2009
los alamitos
Name
ED G
Boat
cabo 216
Never troll through anchored boats , your killing there chum line and shutting down there bite ,SO WRONG .75 yards is not enough space . Stay Two hundred yards from any boat . Stay clear of the cattle boats they think they own the water

NO4NMTL

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 27, 2008
Orange County
Name
Buddy
Boat
205 Conquest
I'm going to be blunt, you sir are the clueless one. Why on earth were you trolling between two anchored boats? Why wouldn't you simply anchor up like the rest of the boats? They were clearly catching fish. Do you have an anchor? If this were a tuna bite, you would have been lit up by every boat in the area. The fact that you told your story on Bloody Decks confirms you have no idea what you are doing. Honestly, I cannot believe this to be a true story...no one can be this naive. Or can they???
I 100% agree this guy trolled right through 2 PBs trying to keep a bite alive probably tossing $$ of chum and here you come cashing in on their hard work just like the jerks who come rolling up on a hot paddy bite kill the motor and drift right through it. If you came that close to my boat sitting on the hook you would have scored a few new lead weights to take home with you. Not many things piss a man off more than buying a tank of $4 a gallon gas $65 worth of bait and have some Googan roll in and kill a hard earned bite.
P.S. you said more than once YOU were driving the boat then when you catch flack you changed your tune and called yourself a passenger bullshit stand up and take it like a real man you might learn something

Reactions: sealskinner

joshc1024

Aug 23, 2009
oceanside/ca/US
Name
Josh
Boat
none
From the POV of the two boats that were anchored: "first a donkey trolls back and forth through my chum line, then another donkey parks right on top of it. Let's get the hell out of here."

Reactions: PacificPredator

getbent321

Well-Known "Member"
May 10, 2006
SoCal
Name
Steve
Boat
35cc Everglades "Grey Light"
The stuff I see on the water these days... I wonder what the 2 pb's thought of u when they saw u trolling around and between them when they were all hooked up? Quit bitchin and find your own fish and then u can complain when some donkey see's what's going on and starts trolling around you.

mik911

Apr 6, 2008
SoBay, SoCal
Name
Mike
Boat
9'6" longboard
45 yards plus 10 yards does not equal 75 yards.
2nd grade math

AlCapiitan

Sep 23, 2012
MDR, CA USA
Name
Allen Garbuzov
Boat
Tangeray II
That is one of the few advantages of having a bigger and heavier vessel, intimidation factor and a forced right of way. Don't letem! Simple as that. Once you learn the game u make em remember they've got a lot more to lose.

ps: (not to you personally,, maybe) but lOT OF YOU TROLLIN FOLK forget that consider 35 yards 75 yards and forget still theyre within range for some to make contact and send them on their way! Had two vessels ruin my slick in the morning by trolling past in the middle of the bite. Once they decided to make a circle while we had a hook up TWICE they learned fast.

PPS: next time hold up a signget on a channel and make arrangements with him ... hah hah.

Bagelboy

Bagelboy
Jun 7, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Jay
Boat
Boston Whaler Conquest 23
Dont troll past anchored boats! Troll in open water! problem solved. If you just anchored up you would have been fine and caught more fish!

chuck norris

just turn the handle
Jun 13, 2008
Long Beach Ca
Name
Chuck Norris
Boat
USS Kitty Hawk
I was at the island for 5 days including Sunday. That west end was a zoo most of the weekend. On top of that the fishing was never really wide open on the yellows that we saw, either that or we sucked. Just wide open on boats. I should have stayed on the mooring and drank beer.

Raimond

Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine...
Mar 9, 2014
SoCal
Name
Ray
Boat
23' IMP Hardtop - "4 Reel"
If several or more boats are anchored or drifting together, they are helping each other with a combined chum line, wide and long. When one boat trolls through this line fish go deep only to return when things calm down again.(fingers crossed) When the troller keeps going through, fish gone...

Last edited:

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
If several or more boats are anchored or drifting together, they are helping each other with a combined chum line, wide and long. When one boat trolls through this line fish go deep only to return when things calm down again.(fingers crossed) When the troller keeps going through, fish gone...
the big thing is some boat's don't respect the sport boat's chum line they set up across from each other so the yellow's can breeze thru there chum line ' when you cruise up the middle of them trolling you screw up the hole thing' best thing is to troll outside of them or anchor way up swell. P S the chum they put in the water is for them not you (that guy)

john anthony

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 22, 2014
Name
fishkilla13
Boat
Monark
the way i see it.if those pb'rs arent flipping you off or chasing you down,then they must be ok wth what your doing...clearly the pursuit capt is a dick wad...and everyone else who thinks you were in the wrong..hey but everyone has an opionion

gonzoslays

Feb 5, 2007
lakewood, ca.
Name
ERIC
Boat
plug chukar
pursuit has always been ghetto from the late 90's on. nothing like getting pissed off over 4-8lb yellows!!!!!!!! congrads on the whopper 10lber.

Kentucky Fried Chicken

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 12, 2014
Name
kyle
Boat
titanic
Thought I would copy and paste this to this post.

Wow, when will Bloodydecks ever start a "whining like a little Bitch" forum title? That's where these type of threads belong. This site is supposed to be used for helping each other with "Fish Reports" giving each other information on where and how you caught fish, not a public forum for little cry babies who poach kelp paddies and then have a hard time with another boater or sport boat. I have been on 4 different sport boats this year tuna fishing, and every time I was on one ,we were poached by one or multiple private boaters who simply drove 20 knots up to the sport boat and parked either in the stern or right up swell of the chum line. People who obviously cannot find their own fish. Sporties are trying to conduct business for people who pay good money to go fishing, and are ultimately the people who invested hundreds of dollars to buy bait to chum an area or kelp up for its passengers. Some tool comes along drives through the chum and poaches this boats paddy then, cries that the captain ran over the kelp. What part of your day Jason before or after this incident, could have been written about that tells about fishing ,water temps, conditions could have been written about, so as to help fellow Bloodydeck members in a positive way? Why try to flame someone's business on a public forum because you had your vaginal walls swollen Jason? Be a real man and suck it up and move on. Real men do not poach paddies, then cry on a public forum. Real men go fishing and find their own fish and not post a thing. By the way, if your intensions are to make people not fish on the Thunderbird or other sport boats, I got news for you, they are full every day and catch fish everyday and have been doing it for probably 75 years or so, long before private boating and definitely waaaay before the internet! Go fishing, find your own fish, then write a report for fellow members to assist them on how to better their chances in the future, period!

Mods locked thread immediately after this post, like they should do to this post.

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
The first boats in the area dictate the method.If their drifting you drift,if their anchored you anchor.
Never troll around anchored or drifting boats.If you can't deal with that you need to find your own fish.It's not that hard.
Just sayin'

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
the way i see it.if those pb'rs arent flipping you off or chasing you down,then they must be ok wth what your doing...clearly the pursuit capt is a dick wad...and everyone else who thinks you were in the wrong..hey but everyone has an opionion
Please tell me you're kidding! I'm not going to chase a boat down or get all crazy, but I might shake my head in amazement. Not all PB'ers resort to such nonsense.

Reactions: spear-fish
Status
Not open for further replies.