8/28 Dana to the 209

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by FREE LOADER, Aug 28, 2008.

1. FREE LOADER

FREE LOADER Free Loader

Name:
    Clay
    Boat:
    31' Tiara "white Star"
    Had the Girl friend, her kids and my youngest up at the crack of 7am! Got to the harbor at 8am and picked up a half decent scoop of dines... Plan was to head to the 209 and see if we could find a "big fish"... lol then head in for a little fishing for the kids along shore.

I tell my GF to give her the kids dramamine as they have a history sea sickness and she pipes back they dont want to take it... so I say dont leave the decision to them give them at least half a pill...... Well, 5 miles out the first one starts leaning over the side... 8 miles out the second one leans over the side.... so I say did you give them the pill? No they didnt want it! @#[email protected]$#@%@

So I still head out stopping every mile or two and about 10am we get to the 209 troll around nothing then head off south and end up happening upon a very cool dude who was on a paddie and he calls us in and says "THEY are HERE" I have 15 tuna in the box and 1 yellow... He says I am done, gives me instructions on how he caught all his fish, starts throwing the rest of his bait in for us and the boils come..... Wham.... one line in the water and we are on..... He watches us catch our first YFT, and says have a great time...
    Wow, if only others could be so cool....

So we follow his instructions knowing I dont have much time with now 3 of the 5 on board leaning over the side.... and well we ended up with 5 YFT 25-35 pounds in about 1.5 hours and when I put on the only mackeral I caught a dink 7-8 pound Dodo.

another guys comes in as we are hooked on a YFT and we return the same favor, gave him the same instruction and the next thing I see as he is drifting the paddie he is hooked up.... Ends up being a huge Dodo! We pass celebrate a great catch and head back to the harbor.....

Ok, so here is what worked, 25lb test, with same flouro leader no or little weight.... a consistent chum, so pick up plenty of bait and last but not least as you are drifting turn off the engine.... we never caught a fish while drifting with the engine on... the other guys said... this is a must and well worked for us!

Go get them, they were all over the 209 today, people trolling in porpuse with cedars nailing them and drifting.. we drifted upto 1/4 mile off the paddie and were still catching them.... wish I could have stayed longer ,but enjoyed the short time there and made the most of it... keep a slow but consistent chum going off the paddies!

Good Luck for the weekend!

2. IMHOOKED

IMHOOKED Puto Bandito

Name:
    nate
    Boat:
    LOOKING...
    Congrats!! sounds like a challenging yet great day. Hope the kids are all cool.

Nate

3. KC Kevin

KC Kevin Go Chiefs!

Name:
    ummm....
    Boat:
    26 Proline WAC
    Congrats Clay, sounds like an awesome day on the pond!

4. FREE LOADER

FREE LOADER Free Loader

Name:
    Clay
    Boat:
    31' Tiara "white Star"
    Hey Kevin! yes a short, but successful time on the ocean... most the crew was happy to be on land when we returned.... Hope the inflatable is working out for you!

call me anytime if you looking for crew....

5. Fish Taco

Fish Taco Fish Taco

Name:
    Daniel
    Boat:
    24 Sea Craft
    Awesome report,sorry about the kids..........

6. BluefinCurly

BluefinCurly Skipper

Name:
    Carl
    Boat:
    Vagabond, The Last Minute
    by any chance are you "River Ranch" clay?

7. 45king

45king Tuna smasher

Name:
    danny
    Boat:
    bw montauk
    damn sucka. just like that huh? sick and all and you guys are still killin em

8. FREE LOADER

FREE LOADER Free Loader

Name:
    Clay
    Boat:
    31' Tiara "white Star"
    Nada.... sorry... nor River Ranch here... but love the river..LOL

9. Craig C.

Craig C. Newbie

Name:
    Craig
    Boat:
    Kayak
    For the Kids and anyone else sea sickness- go get a prescription for Scopase (as discussed on Let's Talk Hookup). I got a prescription last year and cured a 9 year old after the morning round of it (1/4 of a tab) had worn off. Only good for about 4-6 hrs. If anyone can, even after spewing, hold something down for 15-20 minutes, it can relieve all symtoms. A God Send. I got it for me because I can get sick and hate it.

Bottom line, it REALLY works, not expensive, and no drug like feelings like all the rest of the remedies. Just have to call the doc and get the prescription.

Go to Scopase.com and ck it out.

TL's,

Craig C.

10. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Boat Name - Not mine

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    26' Striper, Suzy Q
    LAST MINUTE RUN - Dana Point on Friday. 2 spots open.

Call tonight anytime.

Tim
    949-587-2817

11. mc08066

mc08066 Newbie

Name:
    Jimmy Greene
    Boat:
    kayak
    Ginger root pills that you can buy at GNC work great also. Previously my dad use to get sick as soon as you went past the break water. Now he takes the ginger root pill and can fish all day without any problems. Better then Dramamine.

12. PaDDy Killer'

PaDDy Killer' Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Patrick
    Boat:
    Parker 2520 & 17' Whaler
    Thats great you guys got them. The other boater sounds like he has some good carma coming to him.