8/22 Point Loma bass, butts and bones.

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    Did the normal thing today. Got to the first spot at seven and started fishing for some butts. 5 butts and a few bass. Only one keeper. Went out to the kelp and saw the sporties anchored shallow in the kelp. 35ft. Put the trolling motor on spot lock about 75 yards from them and had non stop calicos for about 30 minutes. All of our fish were caught on fly lined dines and jigs. I had a brand new colt sniper that was blue/silver when I started using it and it was completely bare metal when I lost it.

Headed out to the kelp for some slowwwwww rockfishing. Managed a few and a sheepshead. Something started blowing up behind the boat and it turned out to be bonito. We landed six and we all got our first bones. We kept four since I’ve heard it was great sashimi. After that it was back to the halibut spot and we landed fifteen more with four more keepers. We released a 24”, 22” and a 23”. We ended up bringing home a 25” and a 27”.

Really great day. I think we ended up with about 60-70 fish overall. 30 of them were calicos.

If anyone is going to the islands soon and has an extra spot I’d really like to go with someone before I take my boat. I’d be more than willing to take you on a local trip and obviously chip in for gas and what not.

Upvote 0

mrkrabs

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 3, 2009
    Santee/ca/usa
    Name
    Marty
    Boat
    Lard ass
    :appl: :jig::food-smiley-014:

bbd6c88f975680c67d37d7c40692e759.gif

Upvote 0