Mstonefish

Captain
Feb 6, 2003
Escondido
Name
Mark
Boat
22' Bayrunner CC 140 Suzuki 4 stroke

Snuck out of work again today, taking coworker Sal and his buddy Ryan. Both YFT virgins and expectations were high after Wednesdays epic trip.

Launched at 7:30 out of SI, nobody at the ramp and no line for bait. Picked up 2 scoops of awesome 4-6 sardines and headed to the 302 area.

Not alot of action through the early morning and not many bent rods. Headed west and slightly north of the bank looking for birds. Saw a few jumpers then a Hammerhead in the near distance so slid up and shut down. Started some chum and soaked baits for awhile before slow trolling and getting bit. Sal is up first and gets his first yft.

Start chumming a little heavier and some boils are popping, Ryan is on his first and takes about 30 minutes to corral his first tuna using about 2lbs of drag :lol:

I hook and hang and hook another all while keeping steady chum flowing and it's on. A good mile and a 1/2 drift with non-stop action, even 4-5 fish hanging at once.

Got close to limits and called out the numbers, one of the boats....the Shank slid in and got a fish just after we limited out.

Heading back in with limits for 3 at about 2:30, filteted at Point Loma, getting eyed by big sea lions during the process and watching some fun surf at the point too.

Another great day to be on the water and two more newly hooked sportfishermen.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Cool mate!

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
Nice work Mark!

Upvote 0

Troy

Under the Radar
Sep 12, 2005
Bird Rock
Name
Troy
Boat
Pez Loco
Nice fishing. I'm in Michigan for 10 days and really missing the fishing and the good surf. This post had it all!

Upvote 0

mokaction

Having Fun
Jul 30, 2006
Ventura
Name
Larry
Boat
20 FT Wilson f200 Yami OB, Keely II
wow.. epic day for you again.. What size is your bait tank??? I have a 32 gal tank and I usually get 1.5 scoops of dines and half die with in the first couple of hours..

Upvote 0

Otto

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
wow.. epic day for you again.. What size is your bait tank??? I have a 32 gal tank and I usually get 1.5 scoops of dines and half die with in the first couple of hours..

I have a 1100 gph bait pump for my 24 gallon bait tank. It works great usually. Yesterday, the sardines were weak and most died.

Reactions: mokaction
Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Did you tell em it's like this every year? :D

Upvote 0

Envy115

Almost A Member
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego
Name
Tommy Chang
Boat
1989 Seaswirl
hey guys, im a new boat owner and have been fixing up my boat like crazy the past month. It is almost ready to go out. i'm almost ready. I wanted to ask you guys, when people say the 302, or the 203, im sure its a spot, or the coordinates right? could somebody clarify for me? im new to the boat game and have only gone out twice before, after all the remodeling and work, fishfinder, nav, engine check, risers, tilt motor, shift cable, this and this this and that im almost ready. could somebody educate me about the coordinates and how people say it or what they are referring to when they give just like a few numbers?

thanks a lot.

-greatful noob captain.

Upvote 0