8-2/8-4 1.5 Day on the Legend

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by TaggingTuna, Aug 4, 2014.

1. TaggingTuna

TaggingTuna Newbie

Name:
    Matthew Jannusch
    Boat:
    Bay Runner
    It started out like most charters, we got on the boat, put away our gear and went to sleep. The next day started with driving around locally and looking for kelp beds with fish in them. There wasn't anybody home for the most part. A few small paddies produced half a dozen fish over the course of four. That isn't allot, due to the 30 men onboard. As the afternoon progressed the fishing picked up. Capt. Chuck is the best in the business and won't stop to fish on a paddy that doesn't have fish. He starts yelling "reel'um up, lets find better fish. That is what we did. We found Yellow tail in and around a few paddies and it wasn't till late afternoon that the fishing really picked up. I have to say, I found a secrete in a thread and tried it and it paid off. Someone said that a Butterfly jig was the way to go. I went out and baught a few. These things are amazing. I was throwing into the slide and was hooking up everytime. I didn't land all of them but I did hook up. All in all I ended the day with 5 Yellow fin and 2 YT. Seems as though the YFT really liked the Butterfly Jig. 20140803_205431.jpg

2. Vibora

Vibora Member

Name:
    Adam
    Boat:
    Yes
    Good job man! Those Butterfly jigs do catch fish. I decided to add a stinger and attach the jig with a 175lbs Tactical angler clip.

TaggingTuna likes this.
  3. Johnlgarrison

Johnlgarrison The ultimate goal is memories not dreams.

Name:
    Johnny Garrison
    Boat:
    Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
    Good job thanks for the report. You must be really tired, Because it's August.
    Just kidding with you nice fish

4. TaggingTuna

TaggingTuna Newbie

Name:
    Matthew Jannusch
    Boat:
    Bay Runner
    A stinger would have been perfact cause I lost more than I landed. I thought they were hooked but by the time I got them to the boat and with in gaf range they would spit the hook. It didn't help that the deck hands were occupied with a few guys that, well to be nice were no so experienced.

And yes I'm exausted. Maybe I'm getting old but this trip kicked my ass...