NukeDawg

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 27, 2008
San Diego, CA
Name
dub-dub-dub
Boat
17' Arima Sea Angler
launched from Dana at 5am. Waited for bait for 30 minutes. Small (4”) dines. Stopped to make mackerel outside north jetty. Didn’t have bait or a Sabiki so stopped after catching 1. People with cut squid were catching easily. Plan was to hit 178 to 182 to 181, but felt like change and did it reverse. Picked a random line and about 15 miles from mission bay (10 miles off La Jolla) saw 3 paddies about 50 yards apart and a small skiff. Started to approach from above and he waved me in. He had one side of the biggest paddy and I took the other. Threw a net full of chum, baited 20lb outfit, tossed it out and handed it to my son while I baited another. Before I could pin a bait, my son says I think I’m bit...dodo goes airborne. He brought it in and I let it hang by boat while I threw out another bait. Bit instantly and exchanged rod to son to deal with first one. Repeated same drill for next hour. 10+ dorado and 1 yellow tail. Saw a large school of dorado jumping like dolphin swimming away from the paddy and the bite was over.

Headed west another 5 miles and found some very fishy areas (dolphins/birds/paddy’s) but couldn’t find any fish. One paddy had a shark and big yellowtail with a ton of bait, but couldn’t get either to bite. I’d check this area again this week.

Pretty lifeless the further west we went, made it to the ridge and headed south to 182, nothing. Headed to 178 saw one jumping dodo on a paddy, another boat rolls up with a diver and spears one.

Continued to Point Loma , ugly water, no Kelp. Headed home. Great day.

6590806E-E818-4B9B-8701-0DFBC67B1B1E.jpeg A93CFF35-CBCB-4894-91B4-7916512B6845.jpeg

Scott Craig

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 7, 2018
Ontario
Name
Crabby
Boat
To the max
Dad deserves a hug !!! Your son looks pretty stoked . Wait till he goes back to school. He's got a fish story to tell his buddies !!

DaBigOno

Aug 23, 2007
Name
Al
Boat
Nora Lee
Good job Adam, that boy looks like a lifetime fisherman

:appl:

Tuna Vic

Mar 17, 2010
Whittier California
Name
Victor
Boat
18ftC/CWellcraft Calico Time II
Wtg,that’s one happy and stoked kid right there,that’s the way to do it Dad!