Cheeseburger Killer

Beloved Son
Mar 27, 2018
So Very Cal
Name
Kent
Boat
Selling It...
Tough day. Valve issue on bait tank this morning, so we changed gameplan and trolled X-Rap 40’s and a daisy chain out to 18 miles NNW of O’side, zero action. Water temp was cold inside (68) and warmer water on the outside, maxed at 70.75. While on the troll, the biggest flyer I’ve ever seen blasted out of the water about 6’ off the starboard beam and scared the crap out of me. Thing must have been 20” long. Dropped some colt snipers down on the O’side artificial reef on the way back to the marina hoping for a random halibut or just anything really. Rewarded with a fat stingray. The odd thing was it was jet black both on top and bottom. All the rays I’ve seen were all dark on top, light underside. Weird. Lame report, but this has been a slow year for a lot of us. Tight lines...

lowprofile

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 11, 2011
SoCal
Name
chris
Boat
Sold it
Pelagic ray and good sign. You were in the right area just targeting the wrong fish.

lowprofile

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 11, 2011
SoCal
Name
chris
Boat
Sold it
Every time I see them things, ain’t nothin else around but them. :confused:
I’m not saying the rays attract fish, I’m saying he was in the right area to target bonito and yellows and the rays like the same water.