So Cal Adventure

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 18, 2016
OC
Name
RB
Boat
42 ft Bertram
Saw foamer 2 miles due east of Avalon at 3pm yesterday. They sank out as I got within 50 yards. I suspect they were the large model BF, as they were creating huge splashes. This was just inside the calm area from the wind/whitecaps further out, so it was easy to confirm as I watched it for about 2 minutes while approaching. Go get em!

mshsu

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 16, 2005
Los Angeles
Name
Ming
Boat
Sea Hunt 17cc
Thanks for the info! Hopefully the tuna work up the line again like last year.

Ben yarbrough

Fishing 5-O
Aug 9, 2014
Central Cali
Name
Salty sue
Boat
24 skipjack fb
We had seen a similar school about a week prior in the channel there too!! We got close and they sunk out immediately. That would be epic to have the channel go wide open!!!

mshsu

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 16, 2005
Los Angeles
Name
Ming
Boat
Sea Hunt 17cc
I'm going to make sure to catch a couple of macks at the bait barge before heading over to the island....just in case!

Reactions: Ben yarbrough

KINGSIZE

On The Bow
Jul 9, 2010
Simi Valley
Name
Robert
Boat
Searcher
True dat. We've seen them for the last few months in this area. Slid up and hooked one in the motor on 40 string. It laughed at us and stole my jig.

Pacop

Oct 25, 2015
Petaluma
Name
Paco
Boat
Parker 2320
we caught Blue fin up in Northern California out of bodega last year using our down riggers. We put the lines down about 50 feet and let a live Mack about 150 feet behind the boat. That's. How they we caught them. A bunch of other boats out of Monterey and and bodega also caught them this way as well. Troll at about 2.5 knots. Rapala xrap 30's, marauder black and purple also did well. Set them way back behind the boat.