8/12 Foamer 2 miles due east of Avalon.

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by So Cal Adventure, Aug 13, 2016.

1. So Cal Adventure

So Cal Adventure Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    RB
    Boat:
    42 ft Bertram
    Saw foamer 2 miles due east of Avalon at 3pm yesterday. They sank out as I got within 50 yards. I suspect they were the large model BF, as they were creating huge splashes. This was just inside the calm area from the wind/whitecaps further out, so it was easy to confirm as I watched it for about 2 minutes while approaching. Go get em!

2. mshsu

mshsu Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Ming
    Boat:
    Sea Hunt 17cc
    Thanks for the info! Hopefully the tuna work up the line again like last year.

3. Ben yarbrough

Ben yarbrough Fishing 5-O

Name:
    Salty sue
    Boat:
    24 skipjack fb
    We had seen a similar school about a week prior in the channel there too!! We got close and they sunk out immediately. That would be epic to have the channel go wide open!!!

4. mshsu

mshsu Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Ming
    Boat:
    Sea Hunt 17cc
    I'm going to make sure to catch a couple of macks at the bait barge before heading over to the island....just in case!

Ben yarbrough likes this.
  5. KINGSIZE

KINGSIZE On The Bow

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    Searcher
    True dat. We've seen them for the last few months in this area. Slid up and hooked one in the motor on 40 string. It laughed at us and stole my jig.

6. Pacop

Pacop Newbie

Name:
    Paco
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    we caught Blue fin up in Northern California out of bodega last year using our down riggers. We put the lines down about 50 feet and let a live Mack about 150 feet behind the boat. That's. How they we caught them. A bunch of other boats out of Monterey and and bodega also caught them this way as well. Troll at about 2.5 knots. Rapala xrap 30's, marauder black and purple also did well. Set them way back behind the boat.

SeaHogDelux and errock_22 like this.