acefuture

@acecraftco
Apr 3, 2019
Costa Mesa, CA
Name
Ace
Boat Name
Always changing
Headed out with my buddy Matt on my boat yesterday with the focus of finding dorado in this freakishly warm water we have. Started at the 267 where we had 75.5 degree water and the feathers in when one went zing around 8:30. First one on the boat for the day. Boxed the area for no more. Picked em up and headed out to the 209 where there was some breezing fish so we put the madmacs in and trolled about 2 miles shy of the 209. Wind was starting to pick up so we slid up to the 277 where there was a solid puddling group of fish, worked that area for awhile and decided to head into the 14. Saw a great paddy just inside the slide that had a bunch of dorado on it. Tried feathers, mini colt snipers, chunking, live bait, surface lures, etc. wouldn’t eat. So we trolled the feathers at 7.5knts towards the 14. Half way there we decided to stop and pull in the trollers because I hadn’t seen anything on the meter or surface. As soon as we shut down the boat a very large school of fish decided to go full nat geo 30 feet unfront of the boat. And these were big models. 100-150lb bluefin going full launch. We didn’t have the right gear setup so I quickly through a popper on my spinner and launched it right into the middle. A big boy launched out of the water and missed it. Probably a good thing because I had 40lb on that reel. Had 2 shots at the school and they took off. Threw the madmacs back out and trolled from outside the 14 all the way back to Newport. Was pretty damn western in the 18, but all in all great day.

074AE3B3-D406-4C53-8642-7ACBB26AC0FA.jpeg

8AB115F1-76C3-4DC0-B179-1DBB2ED1BBAA.jpeg

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat Name
arima - the SLIDER
Boxed the area for sure, Good effort Ace. Got dinner!

Hopefully next month when everyone starts packing in thier boats for winter it breaks open.

Here are a few shots of Embarcadero this morning. Low tide, only room for two boats on each side of the docks.

1660418281860.png

The two boats on the middle-end dock never moved for over an hour as I drank my coffee this morning.

1660418420960.png

Watched the guy with the orange shirt at the closest dock unload all his crap into the canoe after backing down to the ramp. (15 min) Then launched the boat and didn't move it to the end. (!5 min) Walked back and forth from the parking lot to the dock several times. (20 min) Finally a boat backed down and moved the crap to the end since he was still not attending his canoe. That's about the time some guys pulled out cones to close off the closest dock.

The joys of boating/fishing in summer. folks get a clue!

Yes. Now we have the keyboard "Launch Police".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat Name
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
Boxed the area for sure, Good effort Ace. Got dinner!

Hopefully next month when everyone starts packing in thier boats for winter it breaks open.

Here are a few shots of Embarcadero this morning. Low tide, only room for two boats on each side of the docks.

View attachment 1412942
The two boats on the middle-end dock never moved for over an hour as I drank my coffee this morning.

View attachment 1412943
Watched the guy with the orange shirt at the closest dock unload all his crap into the canoe after backing down to the ramp. (15 min) Then launched the boat and didn't move it to the end. (!5 min) Walked back and forth from the parking lot to the dock several times. (20 min) Finally a boat backed down and moved the crap to the end since he was still not attending his canoe. That's about the time some guys pulled out cones to close off the closest dock.

The joys of boating/fishing in summer. folks get a clue!

Yes. Now we have the keyboard "Launch Police".
Amazing people watching down here.

"He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots, too."

Upvote 0