8-10 Trip Recommendations

xxofnirxx

Jun 15, 2015
Name
luis bobadilla
Boat Name
Boat
Good morning. I'm looking to book my firs tuna trip this year. I've narrowed it down to 8-10 days from San Diego. I've been looking at the American Angler. Any other recommendations? Additionally, I'm looking at going the last week of September into October. Historically, what should I be expecting as far as fishing trends and species? Thanks alot!

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat Name
African Queen
At this point, if you're trying to get out this year, there are maybe a small handful of 8-10 trips with ANY openings at all left on all of the LR boats collectively. I'd go to each boats schedule to see what there might be and use that as your determining factor... then the other questions can be asked. Good luck!

Reactions: RichG and Brad I
Upvote 0

nicodemus

Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat Name
African Queen
Here's one! Fits your parameters exactly. Won't last long...

Excel
10 Day
9/25/22 8:00 am
$4030.00
1 Spot

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat Name
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Openings are few and far between. Waiting lists are an option.

I see an opening on Shogun, 10 day, 10/12-22, book it!

Reactions: Scott McPherson
Upvote 0

RichG

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat Name
none
Agree finding a spot might be difficult. If you could expand your dates into December, it would give you more options. The long range boats most likely have waiting lists. I suggest you telephone the office and see how long the waiting list is. If it’s one or two people, you have a better shot verse 10 people. There will be those that have deposits, that will have to cancel for whatever reason. So it would depend on how much lead time you need.

It you have to travel a good distance to get to San Diego that could mess thing up. Airfare and hotel rooms.

Also I’m not sure who has Guadalupe permit this year. Great fishery. And fun to watch the Great Whites eat your hook fish.

Plan to have fun. And keep asking questions.

Reactions: xxofnirxx
Upvote 0

nicodemus

Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat Name
African Queen
Sweet! I've booked the Excel 10-day starting on 09/25. Wooooot!!!
Way to pull the trigger! Get with hucklongfin via PM or however, he should have all the info you need for this specific trip. You're gonna have a blast!

Reactions: xxofnirxx
Upvote 0

KXKH

Feb 28, 2018
NorCal
Name
Boat Name
19' Hobie
You will have a blast on the Excel 10 day, great crew, great crowd, and a really spacious boat. I wish I can make it on the Excel 10 day this year, maybe next year.

Upvote 0