Whiskey Line

Respect the craft.
Jul 6, 2012
San Diego
Name
Daniel
Boat
Game On
Short version: One stop shopping for yellows around the FD numbers south off Ensenada. Left them biting to find another species. Saw the right colors under a paddy and got 3. Total for 15 Yellowtail 3 Dorado. Great day on the water. Fish are there. Get out!

Long version: Left SD on Friday night at 8:30pm with 3 after getting back to the dock and running to SCI Thursday and getting back to the harbor 6:30am. After getting a Jurassic Park style blow up but having a miss(those things have terrible aim) I was excited to get at some fish that were less finicky.

Got to the spot around 5:15 and started putting the jigs out. At first grey light once I could see found a patty. It was holding. No one was around and we got it done. 2 hrs of drifts. They weren't line shy. I lost a few to the kelp so stepped up to 40. Got a few and then they were more finicky so dropped back down to 20. All in 69 degree water. After limits we started working out way back and found a temp break with 71.5 degree water. Dodo were on the patty got three and a bunch more catch and release yellow.

Great day. Grateful. Tight lines.

IMG_3130.JPG

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
Apr 22, 2013
Huntington Beach
Name
Mike
Boat
2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
You could've just left out the short version! :D

That's awesome, so stoked you you!!!!!!

A whole lot o' fish to clean!

Congrats!

Reactions: Whiskey Line

r8rs4lf

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 17, 2017
Tree Juan ho
Name
Al
Boat
Salty AF
All due to that hat! Good $hit and good win yesterday!

Last edited:

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
Nice haul!

I know you said you out the jigs out. Mind sharing the technique? We're you trolling? Throwing irons?

Whiskey Line

Respect the craft.
Jul 6, 2012
San Diego
Name
Daniel
Boat
Game On
Haha thanks man. I was still pretty tired when I wrote this so I'll leave out the short version just for you next time :).

And yeah, was cutting fish forever. All good though. Vacuum sealed, and into the deep freeze.

Take care. Tight lines!

You could've just left out the short version! :D

That's awesome, so stoked you you!!!!!!

A whole lot o' fish to clean!

Congrats!

Reactions: mhanson59hb

Whiskey Line

Respect the craft.
Jul 6, 2012
San Diego
Name
Daniel
Boat
Game On
Thanks. Yeah we were just trolling tuna feathers, cedar plugs, and a marauder. Nothing bit on the troll. Honestly it was a desert sans the kelps. Just find kelp. I didn't really meter anything all day except the school we were on under the kelp.

Nice haul!

I know you said you out the jigs out. Mind sharing the technique? We're you trolling? Throwing irons?

Reactions: KCiuchta