Whiskey Line

Respect the craft.
Jul 6, 2012
San Diego
Name
Daniel
Boat
Game On
Short version: One stop shopping for yellows around the FD numbers south off Ensenada. Left them biting to find another species. Saw the right colors under a paddy and got 3. Total for 15 Yellowtail 3 Dorado. Great day on the water. Fish are there. Get out!

Long version: Left SD on Friday night at 8:30pm with 3 after getting back to the dock and running to SCI Thursday and getting back to the harbor 6:30am. After getting a Jurassic Park style blow up but having a miss(those things have terrible aim) I was excited to get at some fish that were less finicky.

Got to the spot around 5:15 and started putting the jigs out. At first grey light once I could see found a patty. It was holding. No one was around and we got it done. 2 hrs of drifts. They weren't line shy. I lost a few to the kelp so stepped up to 40. Got a few and then they were more finicky so dropped back down to 20. All in 69 degree water. After limits we started working out way back and found a temp break with 71.5 degree water. Dodo were on the patty got three and a bunch more catch and release yellow.

Great day. Grateful. Tight lines.

IMG_3130.JPG

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    You could've just left out the short version! :D

That's awesome, so stoked you you!!!!!!

A whole lot o' fish to clean!

Congrats!

Reactions: Whiskey Line
    Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    Nice haul!

I know you said you out the jigs out. Mind sharing the technique? We're you trolling? Throwing irons?

Upvote 0

Whiskey Line

Respect the craft.
    Jul 6, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    Daniel
    Boat
    Game On
    Haha thanks man. I was still pretty tired when I wrote this so I'll leave out the short version just for you next time :).

And yeah, was cutting fish forever. All good though. Vacuum sealed, and into the deep freeze.

Take care. Tight lines!

You could've just left out the short version! :D

That's awesome, so stoked you you!!!!!!

A whole lot o' fish to clean!

Congrats!

Reactions: mhanson59hb
    Upvote 0

Whiskey Line

Respect the craft.
    Jul 6, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    Daniel
    Boat
    Game On
    Thanks. Yeah we were just trolling tuna feathers, cedar plugs, and a marauder. Nothing bit on the troll. Honestly it was a desert sans the kelps. Just find kelp. I didn't really meter anything all day except the school we were on under the kelp.

Nice haul!

I know you said you out the jigs out. Mind sharing the technique? We're you trolling? Throwing irons?

Reactions: KCiuchta
    Upvote 0