Offshore 8/10 Long Beach to the 14

Jun 19, 2005
Los Angeles
Name
Vic
Boat Name
Wellcraft Bay 195
Launched at davies, picked up a scoop from nachos and off to the 14…had intel from the day earlier and kinda knew where to go. Basically ran to the high spot and found a paddy to myself all morning. Picked up 2 on a slow troll sardine and that was it. Must’ve been 1000s of dodos around the paddy inside, outside, jumping all around. Went to the backside to troll for some tuna but struck out. Decided to head back for more dodo and luckily found another paddy loaded with dodo that wanted to die. Kept 3 more and released a few then it was time to go home.

On a side note it’s crazy how ppl see u stopped on open water dodo and they come in hot. What happened to etiquette? Maybe radio in? I know nobody owns the ocean but wth? At one point I found a paddy, fished it for 10mins and looked over my shoulder to see another 6 boats, 2 party boats(even some members here who bitched and complained about others crowding them, doing the same) anyway, it was a long day and the ocean is big and fish are here..go get ‘em!

9F7D47DE-E891-4B40-B608-245A80D0C7D1.jpeg

shindoman

• Aug 23, 2021
    Placentia, CA
    Name
    Troy Shandy
    Boat Name
    Seaswirl Striper 26' WA
    Well done.

Much congrats!

T2

Upvote 0

Wasitrytofish

May 1, 2012
    Monrovia ca united states
    Name
    Glen Mitchell
    Boat Name
    Sea Fox 248 Commander
    I’ve found that a boat is a lot easier to pickup in my Binos than one of their beacons ;)
    At least we are catching fish while people are dying and most are barely making it through these inflationary times.
    Great report, congrats. My boys are headed out that way today. Hope they can scratch a couple up

Reactions: KneppNasty
    Upvote 0

mandoman68

Big Loco
    Mar 3, 2008
    Aztlan
    Name
    Mandoman
    Boat Name
    Kathleen
    Launched at davies, picked up a scoop from nachos and off to the 14…had intel from the day earlier and kinda knew where to go. Basically ran to the high spot and found a paddy to myself all morning. Picked up 2 on a slow troll sardine and that was it. Must’ve been 1000s of dodos around the paddy inside, outside, jumping all around. Went to the backside to troll for some tuna but struck out. Decided to head back for more dodo and luckily found another paddy loaded with dodo that wanted to die. Kept 3 more and released a few then it was time to go home.

On a side note it’s crazy how ppl see u stopped on open water dodo and they come in hot. What happened to etiquette? Maybe radio in? I know nobody owns the ocean but wth? At one point I found a paddy, fished it for 10mins and looked over my shoulder to see another 6 boats, 2 party boats(even some members here who bitched and complained about others crowding them, doing the same) anyway, it was a long day and the ocean is big and fish are here..go get ‘em!

View attachment 1412532
    Unfishy people get desperate. All the money in world and a fancy boat won't make you a good fisherman. When I fished halibut people would follow me from the Nachos.

Upvote 0

John Stidman

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 29, 2018
    Baketsfield ca
    Name
    John Stidman
    Boat Name
    26ft seaswirl striper,24 ft trophy walkaround,24ft glasply flybridge.
    Awesome. I'm hoping to get a 100lber bluefin on my boat. Also a Dorado and yellowtail to. Be my first. Thanks to everyone here I'm learning and feel confident. Even if I strike out. I learned something. Just being out giving it heck is all I wanna do. I'll be out Saturday and Sunday. Also gonna try night jigging around mackerel Bank on any marks I find.

Upvote 0

splashy77

Almost A Member
    Apr 3, 2007
    Lane Vicky
    Name
    Daniel
    Boat Name
    Hasbro's Timon and Pumba pool floatie
    Etiquette? Not anymore sir..
    Just a few weeks ago when that bluefin really started going on the Avalon Bank some threesome in a 21, 23 ish CC thought it would be a smart idea to ride my propwash a hundred or so yards behind my boat. After leaving my wheel on auto pilot and doing my best attempt to mimic Koko the sign language gorilla jumping around the deck waving my arms in a WTF are you thinking gesture, did he finally realize that maybe i was dragging some lures and it might not be the best idea for his props to wrap up trolling gear.....

From boats pulling up on paddies and dispersing divers with spearguns into the water while other boats are fishing and then yelling at other boats to stay clear of said divers to my standout favorite of the guy who came through 15 anchored boats including the Gail Force and the Erna B in the Long Point/Hen Rock area while wide open throttle on his supe'd up tender the whole time flipping the middle finger to the hundreds of yelling anglers and the dozens of marksman trying to launch whatever could be thrown on a jigstick at a moving target...the madness will never achieve a time when people will LEARN or DECIDE that today is the day i realize my errors and will from this day forward start brushing up my fishing etiquette towards my fellow boaters.

I can only laugh about it now but to be clear i do see the obvious safety concerns with a lot of these dumdums who for the most part, don't even realize that they're doing anything wrong, disrespectful, dangerous. etc...

If we take a step back and watch as the world slowly consumes itself with evil, i wonder how long before the standard road rage shootings, brake checking duals, parking space killings, Popeyes chicken sandwich stabbings, outdoor patio dining fistfights, will find their way out onto Mama Blue and become the norm? After Newsom's phenomenal idea of closing off another 30% of local water to MPA's by 2030, so that the already overpopulated Sealions can continue to thrive for laptop screen saver selfies, thus condensing all the "boaters" into even tighter quarters? Whoo, whoo! Should be a good time.

For now at least, enjoy our hobby and thank you for the dope. Looks like you got some tasty fish for the grill and some citrus juice.

Daniel

Upvote 0