Advertiser
Aug 1, 2003
Casa DE Oro
www.saltydawgcustomrods.com
Name
Bill
Boat
sold it
Well this is another Predator for the same customer as the one with chevrons I posted a few days ago, thank God he gives me creative freedom. I didnt notice my screw up on this one with the simple diamonds, until I started putting the first coat of finish on, that I had forgotten a very crucial pass of metallic gold in the diamonds, and without it the colors kinda washed out and it looked pretty lifeless. Soooo, I planned on cutting it off and redoing the decco wrap. Discussted, I set it aside and decided to deal with it the next day, a while later while still beating myself up, I thought what could I do to fix it besides cut and redo, well the customer had said he really digs my pinstripping, I decided what the hell, I'll try one attempt at saving it before starting over and add some pinstripe overlays to the sub par diamond wrap, and here is the result, I actually think it looks good and may do more of the same in the future. What do you all think?

pred2 (1).jpg

pred2 (2).jpg

pred2 (3).jpg

pred2 (4).jpg

pred2 (5).jpg

pred2 (6).jpg

pred2 (7).jpg

pred2 (8).jpg

jrodda

Your Ad Here!
Sep 8, 2012
United States
Name
Jeremy Rodda
Boat
15' Saturn SK470XL "Mosquito"
I see what you mean that the diamonds didn't quite pop as a main event per se, but you did an amazing job reframing it and keeping it as a beautiful subtle texture under the pinstripes.

Upvote 0

TrixKelly

Rancho relaxo Tuna killa
Jul 31, 2007
Vista, CA
Name
CK
Boat
Royal Polaris, Ocean Odyssey, Yours with an invite
That is so solid! Creativity at it's finest. I'd be proud to have a piece like that!

Upvote 0