CommanderPinhead

“You merely adopted the bilge, I was born in it”
Apr 9, 2019
La Jolla
Name
Pinhead
Boat
Sporties
The hell? Even when they were in full production I never saw one with the boy on it. On the 36s and 89s.

Reactions: bajabills

CommanderPinhead

Apr 9, 2019
La Jolla
Name
Pinhead
Boat
Sporties
Whats the difference from the green glass ph ulua to a all glass 93h-10 ulua?
So the greenie is a 25-40lb rod... it’s a really good 30lb stick. The Black blank PH93H is a 30-60lb rod. It’s basically a glass SS93H except it’s wrapped on a different man feral. I have a blank at home I’ll shoot pictures of it. Also the blanks walls are thick as hell.

Reginald Laranang

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 5, 2014
Fort Campbell, Ky
Name
Reginald
Boat
US Army
So the greenie is a 25-40lb rod... it’s a really good 30lb stick. The Black blank PH93H is a 30-60lb rod. It’s basically a glass SS93H except it’s wrapped on a different man feral. I have a blank at home I’ll shoot pictures of it. Also the blanks walls are thick as hell.
Was talking about a LB all glass 93H-10 Ulua, not a SS PH EX CEX model. Just a black all glass 10ft Ulua.

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
jim
Boat
24 ft grady white
Tell me more :) !!
you mean like this one greenie PH-93H-CT with the little boy on it ?
I have 2 of them sheesh they must be unicorns but what the hell do I know
You realize that those are now worth 3X what you would think because somebody claimed they were never made ? :rolleyes:

Reactions: bajabills and Bold

CommanderPinhead

Apr 9, 2019
La Jolla
Name
Pinhead
Boat
Sporties
^^ That’s funny. I’m sure there were plenty around now that this many where posted lol. Still find it weird that I never found one though. Out of the other ones I have they have the sticker so it makes sense. Anyone insane enough to charge that much for this rod is mentally challenged.

bajabills

Calm Seas and foamers, its fun time...
Apr 30, 2012
Ca
Name
Bill
Boat
blackman fishmachine

Last edited:

CommanderPinhead

Apr 9, 2019
La Jolla
Name
Pinhead
Boat
Sporties
I find it odd Your user name is Pin Head something or another and your not quite sure what’s what. Let me give you a little bit of an education on the Pin Head series. They came out with 5 models the Ulua 93H and D8 the BH89 and 36 and the LM9. All of the early stuff was S glass from the plant in Long Beach they used the same blanks to build some of the super Seeker models. PinHeads were still pretty expensive back then but used cheaper components and were not as expensive as the SS rods. They all had the little boy on them. When the company sold they transitioned the PH series to E glass and added some additional models. some of the left over S glass rods were built using the new label that just said PIN HEAD . Orange County used up what was left of the green E glass and switched to black glass. But what the hell do I know I’m just a fisherman :)
So removing the wordy bits and sassieness...

Green = S Glass made in LB
Green with Sticker = S Glass wrapped in LB
Black = E Glass in OC or Oxnard?

So is the only way to see where the black glass was made by looking in the butt?