7 Truline Rods for sale. Need help to ID. Make fair offer.

Discussion in 'USED Fishing Rods and Reels For Sale' started by oceanjake, Jun 26, 2014.

1. oceanjake

oceanjake Member

Name:
    Jake
    Boat:
    60' hatteras enclosed bridge
    TRULINE RODS: Make fair offer upon inspection
    (2) Truline OVBG53R 5'3" octagonal 30-130lb trollers
    (1) Fresh rewrapped 6' Octagonal red glass
    (1) Fresh rewrapped 6'6" Round red glass
    (1) slightly used octagonal 6'6" brown glass
    (2) nice original condition round 6' green glass with cork butts and chrome seats

I will admit that I'm not a Truline expert. I cannot find an ID anywhere on these rods and don't want to destroy the cork or rod butts to determine what they are. Looking for a knowledgable buyer to take a look, tell me what they're honestly worth and why, and then get a deal for their time, help, and honesty.

Thanks guys. Call or text Jake 3109238570 or PM here.

2. Nannook N

Nannook N Member

Name:
    gary smith
    Boat:
    44 pacifica
    WITH OUT LOOKING I OWN ABOUT 25 TRUE LINE RODS THE OLD ONES IF THEY ARE THE OLD ONES WITH VARMACK REEL SEATS BETWEEN 125 AND 150 UNLESS YOU HAD A TIGER WRAP D 8 JIG STICK THESE GO HI BECAUSE THEY ARE RARE MAYBE 250 TO 300 THAT GIVES YOU A RANGE THE OCTAGON WONES ARE OLD AND SHOULD BE 150 TO 200 LONGER ONES ARE MORE DESIRABLE FOR MOST PEOPLE ! SMITTY

3. whammy

whammy Hook Up!

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    2200 XL Pathfinder
    you're probably looking at anywhere from $100-$150 ea for the ones you have. Anything under 7' is generally undesirable unless its a VBG, btw try asking Jerr Jiggyn, he should be able to help you out but it will be hard to tell what they are without striping the handle

4. oceanjake

oceanjake Member

Name:
    Jake
    Boat:
    Thank you guys for the feedback. All are custom wrapped. Two are labeled with what they are (the trollers). The others I think will be impossible to ID without destroying the current fishability. Based on the above guidelines I'd be willing to sell the Octagonals at $125 and the others at $90. PM or call with interest. THANKS! 3109238570.

5. jiggyn

jiggyn Do you even fish?

Name:
    Jerr
    Boat:
    That boat!
    as Whammy said you will have to strip the cork off to find the model on them. doing so will usually not de-value them if only they were not factory rods

the 6 footers are usually not in high demand as 7 and 8 footers heck sold some high end 8' rods $1500

as for the models on the octys can be a VBG 6, QR6, 3X, 4X etc usually easy to tell sometimes too by looking at the butt diameter

6. Hugo Bendo

Hugo Bendo Hugo Bendo

Name:
    Frank
    Boat:
    unknown
    Try taking off the butt cap.On the older truelines they used to put a piece
    of paper inside the rod to identify the blank. "TRY" before you put a price on
    them.

oceanjake likes this.
  7. ozzone

ozzone Member

Name:
    Adam
    Boat:
    ---------
    Heavy octys would make nice barracuda gaff at the very least.

8. oceanjake

oceanjake Member

Name:
    Jake
    Boat:
    Still for sale. No rods are over 7'. All are reasonably priced.

9. oceanjake

oceanjake Member

Name:
    Jake
    Boat:
    These things are nearly impossible to sell. Nearly all of them are 6' or 6'6". Anyone want to have a look?

10. here'smymule

here'smymule Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Tony Rezzato
    Got into a little "pissing contest"' on E-bay 2013 over a 6'8" cobra glass rod simply labeled 50#. Outbid the competition. Didn't want it. Did not want to get a bad E-bay rap, so I spent $96 including the shopping. CRAP! I just paid a hump for something that is not worth more than $30. When I got it the guides, the hypalon, and the reels seat seemed to fall away from the rod revealing a beautifully finished, little used, abosolutley awsome 50# rod. Mike I. wrapped it for me with Ti. turbos. Took 2nd place jackpot with a 50.2 # Wahoo on the Phenix/Excel 10day last Oct. Caught X4 Seabass and a Halibut on a JRI 8 jig on a Ranger 85 2 day. What a sweet stick. Left the TNT's in the rack or home.
    Came out of that one well; alot better than I was expecting. As for your stuff......
    Truline made more LM7's and 4X's than any other rod! I really don't see much there of value. All this talk of looking for model numbers on the butt is a little perplexing. 36, D8, M8, M80, 15-80, 39, XR-7, VBG, & TNT. I got a VBG 65-walls are so thick that you CANNOT stick a #2 pencil into the hole.
    What you have is essentially worthless. If the are Dynamo butt caps on some of the rods they may be worth more than the entire stick.

11. stripedbizzle

stripedbizzle Member

Name:
    James
    Boat:
    No
    1. That made me dizzy
    2. Maybe not the best to call someone else's property (when they're trying to sell it honestly) worthless (especially when you don't determine the market)

12. Nick

Nick 215cc Triumph

Name:
    Nick
    Boat:
    bad habit
  13. oceanjake

oceanjake Member

Name:
    Jake
    Boat:
    Thanks again for the replies. I'm not offended by the way. I will try the tackle traders and see what they think. Thanks

14. jiggyn

jiggyn Do you even fish?

Name:
    Jerr
    Boat:
    That boat!
    Hey Tony
    I might have a few crap ones you are welcome to buy, dont even have to bid on them

15. oceanjake

oceanjake Member

Name:
    Jake
    Boat:
    Jiggy, how much for the crap rods? Wanna trade for some trulines?