thomasfishing

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 3, 2006
westminster
Name
Thomas
Boat
1851 seaswirl striper WA & 2601 Striper
It has been a week now and I figure we go and redeem ourselves from last week butt kicking. Had a late start today and didn't get to Nacho until 7 am. All he had were uncured Dines. No squid as it has been tough getting due to the full moon. Grab a scoop and headed to the farm. Got there in short order however conditions were washing machine. It was a surprise that I was the only one there. After a few setting of the anchor we were in the right position with the wind and current. By then a few boats join the party but couldn't anchor so they left. There was one boat that was slow trolling sardine between the buoy that hook up only to lose it in short order. For us, long story short, we were there a couple of hours and went 0 for 3 on the yellows. I knew the dines were not as good as when we have live squid so decided to head in early. Sorry no pictures as we got the skunk today.

jdmanowar

Mar 29, 2009
so cal
Name
jason
Boat
none yet
I'm loving the determination...it will eventually pay off !

Hooops

Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"
Doesn't matter if you fish 130lb mono, spectra, etc. - just realize that the grid of Mussel buoys has a connecting underwater cable about 15-20ft below the surface in between each buoy - so any fish that you can't immediately get out of the grid are going to be broken off.

And the boats trying to anchor there close to the bouys are just donating there ground tackle to the structure - in the last 2-3 weeks the amount of anchor line wrapped around all the mussel bouy cables is nuts.

Reefmo

Nov 28, 2016
North OC
Name
Matt Skogmo
Boat
Trout Sniffer - heavily customized 18.5 tracker targa
It doesn't help with the fish losses, but trolling motor with GPS anchor = zero ground tackle problems!

Latest posts