7/5

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by Hanalei, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Hanalei

Hanalei Newbie

Name:
    Kimo
    Boat:
    Sara Ann/Boston whaler 19 montauk
    Took my best friends dad and brother out fishing. He passed away from cancer six months ago. We all went fishing on the same day last year when he was still with us. Had a late start as we were up late the night before telling stories of him the night before. He loved the ocean as we grew up surfing the Nssa and surfing country and enjoying the ocean in every way and that's where is ashes are now. We left 7ish and headed straight out dropped lines enforce the first bouy and headed towards Romeo. Ran into the porpoise saw some ahi bust and I was thinking its go time. Last year we worked all day with nothing to show but empty beers. Hoping for some redemption we worked the porpoise for two hours to no avail. Decided to keep heading north when water started turning ugly. Turned up towards the 1000 when we all took a tequila shot in his honor. His dad turned to me and said let's go Brian(his son) and not two minutes later hanapaa! Put his bro on the reel with some direction and the fight was on. Hit the short and was hooked good. Was hoping for a yellow but saw immediately it was a blue. Forty minutes later blood on the deck! High fives another shot and reset hoping for maybe a yellow on the way in. No luck but we were all stoked! Thanks to Brian looking down and hooking us up! Got in took a pic and called my buddy Naoki to see if he was in the "office" for a print. Dropped them off and headed to Kaneohe to get a print. Naoki was stoked perfect size not to big and we got some sick prints to send them home with. Printed it with in memory of Brian and will be sending them home with a great memory forever in frame. Great day and one we will all always remember! Aloha and live every day like its your last!

Attached Files:

2. AKEMI TOO

AKEMI TOO Member

Name:
    Steven
    Boat:
    21 Seaswirl Stripper W/A
    Nice fish and a beautiful print, I'm sure your friend is smiling.

3. changboy

changboy Member

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    "PARIS C" 23 sportcraft custom
    good job, and memories to last longer then naoki's awesome prints!

4. shadzdad

shadzdad Member

Name:
    Darren
    Boat:
    building one
    Awesome. One more good story you guys can tell.

5. patfishhi

patfishhi Registered User

Name:
    Pat
    Boat:
    32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
    Kimo and crew,
    What a meorable day, glad you guys were able to spend it together.

Cheers
    Pat

6. Hij

Hij Newbie

Name:
    Jason Hijirida
    Boat:
    25 Force, PAIGE H
    Brian is smiling above and I'm sure there was a high five in there for him too! Nothing like a fish print to remind you of a great friend and a fish in his honor!