7-4 DESPERATION RIDGE SCI

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Left 10:00pm 7-3 went over to cat got a scoop of squid. Fished a couple squid beds big ass bat ray. Went out to ridge about 4:00am after crashing out a bit at cat. We looked around and metered the same looking stuff in 66.8-67.5 degree water that got us a pig two weeks back. Droped a glow once slider and 2/0 gamy circle I got picked up but busted off. Then Rick about grey light gets solid two hours and fish at ten feet down twice. Hook pulled !!!! Ouch. Marty gets picked up about 8:00 fifteen minutes later I sunk gaff into a 80 pound class bft!!! We had a few marks and pick ups. But no more. So with promises to be back for festivities we headed back. About 5 miles from east end. We found puddlers every squid got a 3-7 pound YT Rick kept two that gill or gut hooked. Of course the 4 lb ones this happened too. But with two rats and Marty's BFT good eats for sure!!! TL

cbadcrew

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 1, 2008
carlsbad ca
Name
joeb1
Boat
2520 PKR The Slaughterhouse
NICE!
And thank you!
Good plan to go off the beaten and well-traveled path to score, were there many boats out there? On D ridge?

Reactions: Pgnracr and normb

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
NICE!
And thank you!
Good plan to go off the beaten and well-traveled path to score, were there many boats out there? On D ridge?
One friend of ours and maybe 2 others that came and went. Josh said guys by him had something hooked for about twenty minutes. Never saw a gaff. Btw they got a YFT just outside 150 area on ceder plug went about 25 he said. Nothing else but one lost bft out on ridge. Not a big area of fish. Just small roving school. But we have been skunked plenty!!! Lol

Reactions: rick rouland

998R

May 22, 2008
san diego
Name
M
Boat
Blue Monkey, BM2
Better luck next time Jeff, keep at it! Thanks for the report

Reactions: Pgnracr

Ryan_J

Apr 5, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Ryan
Boat
Jupiter 31 - twin Yamaha F300's
One friend of ours and maybe 2 others that came and went. Josh said guys by him had something hooked for about twenty minutes. Never saw a gaff. Btw they got a YFT just outside 150 area on ceder plug went about 25 he said. Nothing else but one lost bft out on ridge. Not a big area of fish. Just small roving school. But we have been skunked plenty!!! Lol

"got a YFT just outside the 150 area"....... are you referring to the 150 out in front of Pedro/Long Beach?!

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Yes. They trolled all the way to about 5 miles before that area. I asked them if they marked numbers but said no. They where a little south too as they had gone out off the east end of Catalina on their way back from S I hope this helps. Thinking of going sat or Sunday nite!! I had a report of a good bite in area today. But watching weather too. TL guys.

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
Solid work guys, way to go...One mo-betta than none...LOL
this thing has to bust loose soon! LOL

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Good job Jeff!. You guys are doing good!

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
I don't have enough rode and was wondering if drifting could work. Thanks
It can!! Especially if not too many out there. Only time it would not be possible is when to many boats. So watch out for distance and you are fine. Hop this helps. Btw going tonite if all goes well !! Jeff

Long Beach Bob

May 13, 2004
Long Beach and points due west
Name
Bob Ballew
Boat
2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
drifting will work..but,.....last year, we trolled macks way behind the boat, working below the fleet...we figured the fleet chum might drift into our zone....4 hookups and all 4 landed....65 to 85 lbs.

WHALER21

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 27, 2006
Cerritos
Name
Carlos
Boat
Parker 2320, 15ft Boston Whaler & 16Ft G3
An 80lb BFT is a great catch in local waters, you must have taken pictures? Otherwise, I see a lot of dead fish also.