CamHat

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 18, 2009
Where the fish are.
Name
Cameron
Boat
Float Tube
My brother and I went on a 3/4 out of Dana on Sum Fun today.

We headed down to the domes and pretty much stayed there all day. The calico bite was wide open at times on the live bait. Mostly smaller models, but a few decent ones were also caught. Also, there were plenty of small barracuda biting, as well as some sand bass. Just a pretty much average day today, but not bad. Just thought I'd share with you guys.

-Cameron

Cheney

SkateAndDestroy
Jun 10, 2010
Oceanside, Ca
Name
Cheney
Boat
none
Hey, check out my avatar before you say that!
I don't like yours, cus' every time I'm lurkin BD at work, I always gotta scroll by it real quick before the co workers see it!

I went out last week on a 3/4 out of Dana. Same report basically, except I was throwing back all these 12 - 13in bass, and the deckie starts grabbin em from me and throwing em in a gunny, saying "we need these for the fish count." Kinda pissed me off.

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
I was throwing back all these 12 - 13in bass, and the deckie starts grabbin em from me and throwing em in a gunny, saying "we need these for the fish count." Kinda pissed me off.

There's the trouble

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
I have never been able to figure out why don't they just report the released fish too?That type of thing has killed a shit load of fish over the years that otherwise would have been released.I guess it's our fault for watching reports and going when it gets good.That and politicians lying may never get fixed!

PullinAhi

Fisherman
Feb 8, 2008
Mission Viejo
Name
Ryan
Boat
18 foot CC
I fish out of dana wharf on avarage once a week. I have never kept a local bass. The crew has NEVER questioned me catching and releasing. I keep track and let the crew or capt know how many legal bass I released. I don't know what boat you were on but keep it to yourself and be more vocal to the crew about your fish. You paid to play, you can do what you want with your catch and from my experience every one of the captains at dana wharf sportfishing respects that.

Fish Tank

Ranchero
Jul 18, 2006
San Clemente
Name
Fred Reichert
Boat
27' scagit orca - "La Ballena Loca"
I'm long time friends with the skipper of the Sum Fun & I guarentee he is all in on conservation, next time if you have a concern take it to the captain.

old salt

master baiter
Feb 4, 2009
laguna beach ca
Name
mark
Boat
salty woodward 18. anderson 26 "Kiwi Magic"
i catch and release all the time on the dana wharf boats.just keep count and let em know.if I have a J.P. contender calico they will put it in the bait tank for me. i have won many times and released the fish to be caught again.

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
i catch and release all the time on the dana wharf boats.just keep count and let em know.if I have a J.P. contender calico they will put it in the bait tank for me. i have won many times and released the fish to be caught again.
That's good to hear!.......