7/3/11 Kaneohe Side

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by jd808, Jul 5, 2011.

1. jd808

jd808 Newbie

Name:
    JD
    Boat:
    24' Alii Kai "Goose"
    Howzit Gang,

Haven't posted for a while. Been fishing, but not catching. Went westside, north shore twice with no love. Was so long since caught a fish convinced myself da Goose must be making funny noise that the fish don't like. Changed the leg oil (milky uh-oh gotta figure that out), and plan trip to Kaneohe side which has always been good to us.

Night before I go play poker. Game suppossed to be pau by midnight...NO never get home until 2:00AM. By then figure just load the boat, and take nap on deck at the launch while I wait for my fishing partner. NO club kids having after party at the dock cannot sleep with all the blaring rap music (I'm officially old). Partner gets there at 4:00, I already have3 the boat setup, so we launch and on our way about 4:15.

Spread in the water at day break. First to U, three passes with no love...birds in the area looking but not finding. Drive out to MM. 5 boats working the buoy without too much happening. Again birds looking but not finding. Head out to the deep blue looking for some open schools I heard were out there.

Finally, about 10:00 my all nighter catches up to me. I set course down sea for the 1000 and ask my partner to drive. Asleep for 30 minutes and wake up to the best sound in the world; taking drag on 2 12-0's. Go to clear the corners and discover we got a quadruple, SWEET!

End up getting 3 out of the 4 fatty Otaru's in the boat. The two bigger ones weighed about 25 lbs. each before G & G.

Found a massive bird pile after that and took turns pulling in small aku on light tackle for the table. Back at dock by 4:00. Sound asleep by 8:15.

Aloha,
    JD

Attached Files:

2. changboy

changboy Member

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    "PARIS C" 23 sportcraft custom
    nice footballs!

3. russell kato

russell kato "Kamoku"

Name:
    russ
    Boat:
    15' Arima - Kamoku
    JD, I know how those sleepless days are on the water.....I'm usually nodding off all day at the wheel and boat doing donuts! Anyway, good going on those fatty Otarus! I've been looking for those all year with no luck....how was the water?

4. jd808

jd808 Newbie

Name:
    JD
    Boat:
    24' Alii Kai "Goose"
    Thanks Brian and Russ. The water was pretty good. Probably 14 knots and 4 foot I would say.

JD

5. Pupule

Pupule Member

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    22 ft Islander
    Sweet! Way to knock off the webs and bloody that deck!

6. fetzerb

fetzerb BAMF

Name:
    Ben
    Boat:
    none at the time
    Hopefully that lower unit is not too bad, but catching fish probably took your mind off it. Good work.

7. jd808

jd808 Newbie

Name:
    JD
    Boat:
    24' Alii Kai "Goose"
    Yeah stoked for sure. Hoping it's just the seals on the leg.

8. dausualinc

dausualinc Newbie

Name:
    Kekoa
    Boat:
    30' Knife
    Good going on the fish JD, those are some thick akus. I tried sleeping on the boat at the ramp at Heeia one time and lets say it was a pretty sleepless night. Next time I'll take my chances on the high seas

9. nodrama

nodrama Newbie

Name:
    Ryan
    JD and crew good going on some fat Otaru's. Hope that leg problem isn't to bad. Good going again.

10. adobo

adobo sponsor by..Masalures.com

Name:
    sab
    Boat:
    19' glasspro
    nice otaru's