I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Jul 27, 2009
    Temecula CA USA!
    www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
    Name
    Johnny Garrison
    Boat
    Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
    We hit Shelter Island Saturday morning at 5:15am. We got inline at the bait receiver had about 30 boats ahead of us. The guys on the reciever were working hard serving both sides of the receiver. It went a lot quicker than we thought. Tyler was able to put about a half dozen macks while we waited in line. They came in very handy later. The bait was mix of mostly chovies and deans. We headed to the 43 along the way we saw birds working on bluefin on the surface. We tried bait and wait and tried trolling the schools with no-luck. It is so frustraiting to see these fish and not get to eat. I have yet to catch a bluefin, SOME DAY I will catch you evil Tuna! We came across a garage door paddy with a diver on it. We stopped to watch them spear one and they invited us to fish the paddy. Tyler was able to get one to eat a bait about 10 pounds, We named the cute little "Tonights dinner". Later we were trolling and spotted some fish on the surface we stopped trolling and chummed with some yellowfin dark meat. When we are cleaning tuna I save that dark meat most people throw away to use for chum. The Dorado started feeding and jumping all around us. Tyler and I both tossed a live mack in the middle of the frenzy and were both hooked right away. Tyler's dorado was his personal best and my biggest in US waters. Tyler's weighed out a 20 pounds and mine maxed out the 25 pound scale. Could not get Nate hooked up so we started trolling again. Spotted a small paddy and decided it was so small that we would not stop and continued past it. About 200 yards off the paddy we hooked up and had Nate tackle his fist tuna. Here is a video of his first tuna Did not get back home to Temecula till 7:30 pm dog ass tired. Another fantastic day spent with my Son. After all no one ever said I wish I worked more on their death bed. My plan is to spend every chance I can with family and friends.

43 spot DODO.jpg

me and TJ Dodo.jpg

Nates 1 yellow fin .jpg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Bondrvr

GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE
    Feb 12, 2010
    Chula Vista
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    '99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
    Nice job!

On my boat , yesterday, we never could get NATE, bit.:D

Maybe, next time.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    Nice dorado man!
    I take my dark meat and make dog food with it.Ill just throw it in a big pan w/ a little oil ,cook it up,chop it and mix it with rice.
    Last batch I got 4 or 5 pans worth....lasted my dog over a week.She loves that stuff.

Reactions: Johnlgarrison
    Upvote 0

Bottom Line

Village idiot
    Jul 9, 2006
    Warner Springs
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Invader CC - Bottom Line
    I'm sure happy with the quality of dodo's we have up here this season - reminds me of 1998!

Upvote 0

Rimack

Old School
  • Jun 24, 2011
    Elk Grove
    Name
    gary
    Boat
    WORKING ON IT.
    Nice!

Upvote 0

Johnlgarrison

• Jul 27, 2009
    Temecula CA USA!
    Name
    Johnny Garrison
    Boat
    Any newbs eat the heart?

Thanks!
    Yeah we did not make him do that. A friend of mine did that and got parisites had the hershey squirts for weeks.

Upvote 0

Johnlgarrison

• Jul 27, 2009
    Temecula CA USA!
    Name
    Johnny Garrison
    Boat
    I invited some friends and family for a fish dinner tonight. We all made some dishes. I Grilled Dorado in citrus marinade, Poblano peppers stuffed with spicy Dorado. Tyler made sushi and spicy yellow tail cakes, Jeff made BBQued Tuna belly and Bluefin Poke salad. We had sashimi, cucumber salad and asian green salad. OH and for desert we had peanut butter ice cream cake. I'm stuffed!

DSCN2333.JPG

DSCN2334.JPG

DSCN2337.JPG

DSCN2338.JPG

DSCN2339.JPG

DSCN2340.JPG

DSCN2341.JPG

Reactions: jaw1970
    Upvote 0

Bondrvr

GOT A CUSTOM ROD FOR MY WIFE,,,,GREAT TRADE
    Feb 12, 2010
    Chula Vista
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    '99 Albemarle 280XF- Bubba Jean 28; Livingston LV-14 -BABY J
    I'm hungry!

Upvote 0

Johnlgarrison

• Jul 27, 2009
    Temecula CA USA!
    Name
    Johnny Garrison
    Boat
    Paddyman1 asked me for the recipe so I thought if any of you wanted it here it is:
    I chopped up the Dorado into 1/4" pieces
    Mix together Mayonnaise, Schracha finely chopped green onion and basil. The amount of hot sauce is up to your taste. I put about 2 table spoons to 3/4 cup mayo.
    I just came up with the idea yesterday, I was in the garden and saw we had some poblano peppers and Anaheim peppers that were ready to be picked.

I want to try Tapatio next time. I also think it would be really good with a mix of chopped shrimp and rock fish.

I stuffed the peppers and put them on the BBQ for about 15 minutes.

I hope this is helpful, let me know how you like them.

DSCN2337.JPG

Last edited:
    Reactions: Bondrvr
    Upvote 0