PENN

Tony Gio

Jul 14, 2014
Carlsbad
Name
Tony Gio
Boat
Parker 2320
I have been a chronic BD lurker for a while now so I feel its time to start posting.

As its my birthday, I found it only logical to call in sick and do some fishing. So, hit the bait dock in Oceanside just after 5am with plans on hitting the 181 working the ridge to the 182 and then possibly hitting the north 9 if the winds stayed down. We had some awesome days out there the past week so I was trying to keep the streak alive. Made it just shy of the 181 and was getting beat up pretty bad. Bait started dying and I didn't feel 100% comfortable so we decided to head back in and look for kelp and porpoise in better conditions. Found some warm water around ten miles outside of La Jolla and worked the parallel line north up towards the base. Found some really nice paddies but no takers. Long story short, ended up with one dink bonita outside before we turned around plus lots of melted ice, fuel burned and dreams shattered.

On a side note, was putting the boat away at home, and my neighbor said one his buddies limited on yellows and put a some nice dorados on the boat 3 miles outside of the golf balls on the base. Anyone else have any luck?

Upvote 0

artafishall

Decorate a seal today!
Jun 16, 2004
Mattersville
Name
Ryan
Boat
20' Shamrock "Irish Jig"
Thanks for the report I am going tomorrow. Happy berfday!!!

Upvote 0

oniedab

Fishing is there anything else?
Jul 17, 2009
visalia/ca/Tulare
Name
mike hagans
Boat
28ft Grady White Sailfish
Hopefully your boss is not a Bloody Deck guy! Or you are really in for a BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBad B Day!

Upvote 0

Bada Bing

Instigator General
Apr 30, 2003
PB, CA
Name
JMH
Boat
Always a good one
Nice no fish report. As was mentioned, all legit info is good. Sounds like the previous week was good to you so the probability stats were already working against you. :cheers:

Upvote 0

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
Keep at it....you'll score soon!

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
The reality of fishing...live and learn man.

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
Thanks for the report. The non fish reports are just as helpful.

Happy bday.

Upvote 0