7/21 302/230 I was due

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by yellowdog, Jul 21, 2009.

1. yellowdog

yellowdog Newbie

Name:
    Bill
    Boat:
    20' Seapro
    Due for a calm ride and some fish. Got the calm ride. A long friggin' one. Looked for paddies while draggin' for tuna. Heard about a couple jig strikes here and there. Everybody's metering fish but can't get them to come up. Paddies were few and far between with plentiful bait, some speculated too plentiful. Couldn't get fish to go when I saw them...Did see one boat stop on a NICE paddie and they got at least 3 dodos. I hope they post.

Early afternoon see 3 pairs of military small boats haulin' ass. A little later another pair. The US Navy evacuated a 5 mile area by the 230 for live fire exercises. Hearing the noise from a distance while fishing a paddie, I did not want to be there. Left about 2:30 and get to the 9M. Navy evacuating area for live fire...WTF? Had to stop and let a sub go across my heading. Jeez.

I hope the guys that stuck it out till later have something better to report. It was one fantastic day to be on the water and so much better ride there and back than last Thur.

2. Surfdoc

Surfdoc The finger in the Dyke!

Name:
    Stan
    Boat:
    Mx Panga, MOJAC
    Sorry to hear Bro. I paid dues for months.

You'll score next trip. And yea, we did live fire around the 230 and west before.

3. Mo Betta

Mo Betta Offshore Prop Changer

Name:
    Frank
    Boat:
    25' Wellcraft sportsman "Mo Betta", 14' Livingston"Caballito"
    Had the same kind of day, Hidden bank had big yellows that didnt want to eat what I had to offer.

Headed north, found mammals and terns. Dumped bait, trolled etc etc just not time yet.

I know we werent the only ones that came back with a stripe.

BTW water temps are way up.

4. Darylfw

Darylfw Member

Name:
    Daryl
    Boat:
    29' Pro-line, The Four D's
    Thanks for the report. putting in the time on the water will result in fish.

5. Alfred

Alfred KIK-N-BAK

Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    30 Ft. Blackman Outerbanks KIK-N-BAK
    DITTO here. Water temp from 69 to 72. Beautifull weather conditions. Had a very large navy ship come our way at full sped. We passed his bow and got some very good pictures. His wake looked like a breaking surf on the beach. It was awsome. Found some good size kelp with bait coming to our boat. One of our crew saw one flash, could have been a Dodo. My cousin had Just purchased the boat and did not have a baittank yet so we just trolled most of the day. No bait. I do not think I will ever go fishing off shore with out bait. And that is the rest of the story.

6. VAARONOVA

VAARONOVA Newbie

Name:
    AARON
    Boat:
    yours
    MAYBE NEXT TIME FRANK I CAN GO