Bottom Line

Village idiot
Jul 9, 2006
Warner Springs
Name
Steve
Boat
Invader CC - Bottom Line
Motored out to US waters last night arriving at our spot around 3:30 am. Was hoping to corral some BFT around the boat during the night but was not happening. We trolled our asses off in 71/72 deg water with all the right stuff for nada. We finally found a small bush that produced some fish - dodo, tails, bft & yft. When this spot dried up we trolled again for nada and got a call from a bud with some info - motored to the numbers and caught bft & yft.

We had enough fish by 9:00am so we decided to scout a different area - caught a couple more yft's and headed in.

NO TROLL FISH - not even an attempt to taste a jig.

Bottom Line - 5 of us brought home 9 bft, 13 yft, 3 yt & one dodo.

Great group of knowledgeable guys that were super cool to fish with - this by itself makes for a great day IMO.

Here's a few random pics.

7_20 pic.jpg

P7200002.JPG

P7200003.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Right on Esteban!

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    Excellent day of fishing in my book.

Upvote 0

hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
    Aug 6, 2012
    Valencia, CA
    Name
    Anthony Hicks
    Boat
    Good Deal
    It's seems to me that these fish are much more interested in bait then they were a week ago. Caught both my Yft on bait on Friday as well. No jig strikes.

Upvote 0

PCH

El Nino 2015!!!!!!
    Jul 14, 2008
    North San Diego
    Name
    Paul
    Boat
    Gregor 20
    It's seems to me that these fish are much more interested in bait then they were a week ago.

Its becuase there is bait now. Two weeks.ago all there was chovie. Deans would have worked a few weeks back too. Every tuna I have caught lately has been plugged with brailed deans. The sports brailing the dean has really got their attention now.

Upvote 0

PCH

El Nino 2015!!!!!!
    Jul 14, 2008
    North San Diego
    Name
    Paul
    Boat
    Gregor 20
    ^ its becuase we have deans now. Two weeks ago all there was chovie. The sports have been chumming like.crazy and they have a taste for them now. All the tuna I have caugjt lately have been plugged with brailed deans. They were hitting mac before the.deans arrived just most people were not taking the time to make bait.

Upvote 0

baaadlybent

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 5, 2006
    Fullerton/Bahia de los Angeles
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    26' Striper "Baaadly Bent", 21' Bayrunner Baja "Vamonos", 15' Gregor "Little Vamonos"
    Good stuff Steve...representing Geckos! I got out Thursday for limit of YT and a nice big dodo. Didn't find the tuna. Is that your boat?

Upvote 0

Bottom Line

Village idiot
    Jul 9, 2006
    Warner Springs
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Invader CC - Bottom Line
    Good stuff Steve...representing Geckos! I got out Thursday for limit of YT and a nice big dodo. Didn't find the tuna. Is that your boat?

My boat? A 52' Hatteras? don't think so! My retirement income is good but not THAT good! This is a boat a friend of mine runs - this was a rare crew trip.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0