Offshore 7/19 302 albies

Wrecksford

Almost A Member
Sep 14, 2006
Name
rb
Boat
Defiance 220
left mb @ 0430. halfway to the 302 the bait pump takes a shit. all bait is dead. 1/2 hour after trolling the high spot, around 0630 or 0700, jig strike on the b/p feather. saw birds working, boils, and albacore come out of the water. a while later we saw what we thought was a submerged paddy, but it was a bunch of humboldts with their tentacles out of the water...one of the weirdest things i've ever seen. even weirder, the tuna were right there with them, boiling and jumping. worked our way south, found another hotspot just south of the 302. sorry, forgot the #'s but all of our fish were caught w/in 5 or 6 miles off the high spot.
total, 6 in the box, coulda have countless more with live bait. lotsa life out there. thanks platapus and stubby for the heads up with their roports yesterday. pretty bumpy out there.

fishing july 07 offshore 004.jpg fishing july 07 offshore 011.jpg fishing july 07 offshore 017.jpg

Upvote 0

fishnbuddy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 10, 2007
Murrieta
Name
Junior
Good job and thanks for the report. Good call to stay off the humboldt...they are a pain in the ass. Fun to catch, but waste of time compared to tuna! I'd much rather clean the chicken!
...fishnbuddy

Upvote 0

Red Drum

Paradiddle-diddle
Mar 15, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Name
Capt. Vinnie
Boat
Big Drum-2300 Seaswirl Striper...Red Drum-1500 Duroboat
Congrats on getting some Albies, the pics look great. Thanks for the report.

Upvote 0

halfdayhank

RECYCLED BEER CAN'S
Oct 18, 2006
silverado canyon ca.
Name
HENRY
Boat
bayrunner cc 19 "TIN CAN"
doesn't look that bumpy' did the wind kick later in the day?
thank's for the report .

glad you got em.:beerbang:

Upvote 0

artafishall

Decorate a seal today!
Jun 16, 2004
Mattersville
Name
Ryan
Boat
20' Shamrock "Irish Jig"
Nice fish! Trolling with a five hundred?

Upvote 0

Wrecksford

Almost A Member
Sep 14, 2006
Name
rb
Boat
Defiance 220
hank-yeah, the wind was up all morning, but it got worse later on. pics dont do it justice anyway.
unknown fisherman- that rod is a beast. i reeled one in on it, and it just kicked the shit outta me. pretty heavy and uncomfortable...but my grampa would be proud!

Upvote 0

mholtel

Mike x 5
Dec 7, 2004
Somewhere n Vista
Name
mikey
Boat
Blackman 23, 20 Skipjack, 15 Valco westcoaster
Hey Rex, Great job on the kill. It's good to see another Bruntsch out slaying the chickens. Say hi to your dad for me. You need to get him out there on the rail with ya.
Mike Enc. 4/B

Upvote 0

sdreefsurf

Sep 1, 2006
San Diego
Name
lance
Boat
1 Day
hey fireman matt! nice report and it was fun working that area with you yesterday! we ended up putting 5 in the boat but lost a bunch others...i was sick as fuck tho but it was still a blast. you guys are funny as shit in that boat.....killin' fish and getting drenched by the ride! no, pics don't do it justice.....i posted a few mins ago check it out...hey we're going out next thursday again we should keep in radio contact

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Happiness is...

BLOODY-MUTHA-FUKIN-DECKS:Zombie_Ro

Upvote 0