Inshore 7-18 AM 1/2 day

Jan 7, 2020
San Diego
Name
DTS
Boat
Boatless
Took my favorite fishing buddy on the New Seaforth yesterday afternoon. The action started quick with one passenger catching a nice halibut at the bait barge. My daughter and I boating two decent spotties. Baited up with piner anchovy and headed north to La Jolla. Where the bass bite was very good every bait that hit the water for us was bit. We fished my 8 foot rain shadow rated 15-30 paired with a Trinidad 14A and 20 pound mono 1/4 ounce sliding sinker. All bass for us my kid had a blast pulling on them. We landed quite a few keepers but i released all of our fish. With a freezer full of bluefin and yellowtail I figured we would let them live to fight another day.We fished a deeper spot mid afternoon where they have landed a few yellows the last few days. I dropped the yo-yo jig repeatedly no love. I also fished the surface iron throughout the day when I noticed some surface signs. But didn’t connect all in all great day on the water flat calm seas good times. Inshore

986F9B40-8639-4C32-8914-E1FB5246884C.jpeg

753228AE-24CC-455A-9381-06B71EF33965.jpeg

017831E6-035B-4BB2-A059-2813B501B2DD.jpeg

Blackfish
Blackfish
Awesome. Enjoy every second. Next thing you know, they are off to college, and they only talk to you via text. hahhaha
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Plus One

Coming along...
Aug 24, 2011
Hemet
Name
Jason
Boat
Plus One
Took my favorite fishing buddy on the New Seaforth yesterday afternoon. The action started quick with one passenger catching a nice halibut at the bait barge. My daughter and I boating two decent spotties. Baited up with piner anchovy and headed north to La Jolla. Where the bass bite was very good every bait that hit the water for us was bit. We fished my 8 foot rain shadow rated 15-30 paired with a Trinidad 14A and 20 pound mono 1/4 ounce sliding sinker. All bass for us my kid had a blast pulling on them. We landed quite a few keepers but i released all of our fish. With a freezer full of bluefin and yellowtail I figured we would let them live to fight another day.We fished a deeper spot mid afternoon where they have landed a few yellows the last few days. I dropped the yo-yo jig repeatedly no love. I also fished the surface iron throughout the day when I noticed some surface signs. But didn’t connect all in all great day on the water flat calm seas good times. Inshore

View attachment 1300383

View attachment 1300384

View attachment 1300385
Looks like a great day!

Upvote 0

Phil mckracken

Almost A Member
  • Jun 4, 2020
    SoCal
    Name
    Steveooo
    Boat