bajaandy

Condition One
Jun 13, 2008
Escondido
Name
Andy
Boat
Parker 2530 "WET-O's"
Launched the WET-O's out of Dana Landing. Kinda busy for a Friday, but not too bad. 5-6 boats lined up at the bait dock, but they had both sides open and we moved through pretty quick. Ran a little south of the 312 area to see if we could get some foamers away from the crowd. We did, but as usual couldn't buy a bite. Poppers right into the boils were ignored. Long soaked hot 'deans were ignored. Kept the chum going all day. (Don't throw away your left over live bait! Bag it, freeze it, chop it up the next time you're out.) Ran out to the Ridge and found more foamers everywhere. Mid day the boat pressure got just plain stupid. I get that guys who run charters are under pressure to produce, but when you run your 39ft tripple yammy Contender (yeah, you know who I'm talking about...) right up onto the breaking fish, you're not doing anyone any good. But hopefully the paying clients thought their skipper was working hard for their money. HAHA! Anyway, plenty of fish out there, and certainly no need to go as far as we did. We were just hoping to get away from the other boats, but that's just not happening right now. Found a handful of decent paddys that we fished for nada. Was a good National Geographic day on the water, but dang I hope these fish go back on the chew.

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Way to give it a go....I bet the parking lot offshore now easily rivals the FL,PL,H&M parking lot or the OC Fair in Costa Mesa real soon

• Haha
    Reactions: Zika
    Upvote 0

wahoo_92606

• Dec 19, 2008
    Placentia/CA/Orange
    Name
    Sean
    Boat
    18 Panga
    I was out there Wednesday on the San Diego, we only got couple of fish on chasing the formers. Caught most of the fish from longer soaking with steady churm, dropped down to 30lb fluorocarbon with #2 Owner mutu hooks helps, but the fight was painful.

Reactions: Zika

bazzturd

I fish in the ocean, not the internet
    Aug 7, 2008
    Westminster, CA
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    2005 Grady White Seafarer 228 (no name yet)
    Launched the WET-O's out of Dana Landing. Kinda busy for a Friday, but not too bad. 5-6 boats lined up at the bait dock, but they had both sides open and we moved through pretty quick. Ran a little south of the 312 area to see if we could get some foamers away from the crowd. We did, but as usual couldn't buy a bite. Poppers right into the boils were ignored. Long soaked hot 'deans were ignored. Kept the chum going all day. (Don't throw away your left over live bait! Bag it, freeze it, chop it up the next time you're out.) Ran out to the Ridge and found more foamers everywhere. Mid day the boat pressure got just plain stupid. I get that guys who run charters are under pressure to produce, but when you run your 39ft tripple yammy Contender (yeah, you know who I'm talking about...) right up onto the breaking fish, you're not doing anyone any good. But hopefully the paying clients thought their skipper was working hard for their money. HAHA! Anyway, plenty of fish out there, and certainly no need to go as far as we did. We were just hoping to get away from the other boats, but that's just not happening right now. Found a handful of decent paddys that we fished for nada. Was a good National Geographic day on the water, but dang I hope these fish go back on the chew.
    Did you hang any frozen flyers ?

Upvote 0

Baja Belk

Long sappy fish stories.
    Sep 8, 2009
    San Diego/CA/USA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    18.5 Striper CC - Puro Grande
    This is a carbon copy of my day Friday also. Aimed my bow to a spot on the horizon with the fewest boats, found the mother of all foamers all by myself and stayed up for an hour but didn’t bite, and then 150 boats found me and it was game over rest of the day.

Reactions: bajaandy
    Upvote 0