SoCalKing

Fishin Fool
Jul 4, 2014
Menifee,CA
Name
Noah
Boat
18ft Team Baja Center Console
Went out with my dad in hopes for my first Pelagic fish. Got on the boat and got beautiful 'dines at the bait dock. Headed out for about 4 hours with no luck on the troll. We stopped only on 1 paddie in 4 hours for nothing. Kept on goin for another hour and stopped on a paddie for only 4 fish. (sold out by the way with 46 people). About a half an hour later, we stopped on another paddie that held lots of fish. (about 17 miles past coronados). I lost 2 yellowtail at the boat, so i was bummed. Next paddie about 45 minutes later that held lots of fish. On that paddie, i finally got my first yellowtail. STOKED. I ate the heart and everything. Fished about 2 more paddies that held suuuuuper small yellowtail. Still no jig strikes on the troll. On the way in, we stopped on a school of dolphin on the 9mb. We ended up with 4 yft and 56 yellows and 1 dodo. My dad and I each had only 1 fish. Great trip for me to experience my first yellowtail and how to deal with the crowd. Fish are close!! ~tight lines (sorry, i dont know the spots cause i havent learned them yet)
20140715_141502.jpg

Upvote 0

skelly1

Jun 29, 2006
Ramona
Name
Steve
Boat
20' skipjack flybridge
Good job eating the heart. You will catch many more fish and learn your spots. Check out temp break.com young man.

Upvote 0

vincentek9

halibut suck
Apr 9, 2010
anaheim, CA
Name
Vince
Boat
AVparker
its good that you got one and lost some, i honestly thing losing some fish is important to learning exactly what to do to land them.

btw, that is a bloody handwell. lol

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
You did good!

Upvote 0