7/11/21 Mission Belle Full Day

mountaindr3wz

Aug 4, 2020
san diego
Name
andrew
Boat
seaboat
This ship was privately chartered for a birthday! We had family and friends aboard most of who had fished before. I told myself I would be more technical on this trip and it paid off.

5:00am: The real fight. Parking was terrible so get there early or be prepared to walk. The lots were full so we parked at the free parking near holiday in. Someone in our charter group had their truck broken into (back window). Don’t leave valuable stuff in your ride and nothing visible. Window was darkly tinted and nothing was taken. Person who broke the window must’ve had a rough day.

6:00am departed the dock and picked up some bait. Bait looked really good and were definitely swimmers.

8:30ish. Headed up north. I was definitely surprised where were going because I was used to taking a full day trip down past the nado’s. Took us about 2 1/2- 3 hours to get to our first stop. Had a group of 3-4 other party boats near us. A lot of us hooked up on this stop. I think we had 5 hanging at one time. These were no jumbos but 50+ models. BITTERRRRRR! I hooked up on my first one here with 50 braid/ 40 mono top shot/ 20-30 flouro. Size 2 circle shoulder hooked. I chose a lively bait, no-little scales missing, no red showing and a strong swimmer. Long soak. They were boiling. I brought my camera with a telephoto lens to try to take pics of boilers but man it’s tough. ( pics later). We were here for 2-3 hours. A buddy of mine was on one for 1 1/2 hours but lost it. Had it at deep color and saw the boat and peel’ed more drag off.

11am ish: At this point I lost track of time. I was having a ton of fun with friends and family on the boat. My dad tagged along for his first full day trip. Came up on another stop and the boat put on another 10 ish. Total count on the boat 16 BFT.

2:00 pm. Came up on another school of fish. Boiling like crazy. The deckhand throwing bait was making them dance. Front flip, side flip you name it, He made them dance.

3:30pm. Last stop of the day. I think we landed another 8-10 here before we went it. Deckhands and captain set up the kite. My dad landed his first BFT on this stop on the kite. It was my first time seeing one in action and it was a very cool to see. BITTERRRRR I landed my second one at this stop. Setup on this one: makaira 16, 80 braid/ 100 top shot mono/ 80 flouro SD jam tied to the Ebay special: ocean cat slow pitch jig 150g. Had 1 owner assist hook at the end. Bit on the fall (never had that happen before). Being more technical this trip I dropped it on a 30 second count then pause 30, drop another 30 pause 30. Bit on the fall. Towards the end of the fight my buddy buckled down my drag and I hit low gear. Slayed in about 8 mins.

Overall: Limited out for my first time, had my dad on board and seeing him land his first bluefin. He can’t stop talking about his catch and is wondering when the next trip is. Fun fishing experience regardless of who its with but family and friends made it even more special. The crew on mission belle was top notch. Helped everyone with everything! Funny as hell too! Thanks to the crew on the mission belle for that experience. Until next trip....

DSC08591.jpg

DSC08590.jpg

DSC08608.jpg

DSC08577.jpg

DSC08583.jpg

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
Awesome pics! What type of camera were you using?

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
Awesome pics! What type of camera were you using?
I just downloaded one of the pics and looked at the EXIF. Looks like you are using a camera I can't afford LOL a7riii

Reactions: mountaindr3wz
Upvote 0