PENN

Voych

Jul 29, 2015
San diego
Name
John
Boat
Gregs boat
Got to 182 by 10. Bft everywhere for 2 hours. Landed 1 75# lost one after 20 min of letting everyone on the boat pull on the fish. The secret is definitely coming up on the schools SLOOOWWWW and tossing irons or poppers. Difficult to do with all these jack wagons buzzing through the schools.

Tight lines guys, and for the love of god, SLOW DOWN

Upvote 0

lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
La Mesa, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
I think what got everyone brazen and running right up on them yesterday was that the schools were staying up when the boats came in. After awhile they sunk out but most didn't change their tactics. That's what I saw at least.

Upvote 0

CityAngler

Jun 30, 2016
Southern California
Name
Brandon
Boat
Mako 236
So do you guys full on cut your engines off or just put in neutral?

How far out do you shut down? I guess you have to be a pretty good boat driver cause I have a hard enough time pulling up to a dock lol.

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
So do you guys full on cut your engines off or just put in neutral?

How far out do you shut down? I guess you have to be a pretty good boat driver cause I have a hard enough time pulling up to a dock lol.
We generally cruise in at about 10 knots and throw the boat in neutral about 30yds in front of the fish, letting the boat slide into position quietly. The fish will come right at you if you predict their path right and you will have a couple of shots before repositioning.

Reactions: CityAngler
Upvote 0

Voych

Jul 29, 2015
San diego
Name
John
Boat
Gregs boat
Yeah, 30-50 yards and shut down. But still, so much is luck that they stay up. Got lucky yesterday. Can't wait for the water to clean up and the paddys to start really holding

Reactions: Phat Matt
Upvote 0