600lb Manta Ray from a beach in Texas!?

woodfish330

I'm to smart to figure out how to edit this.
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat Name
    Fishead
    ....(laughing) reminds me of the time ...16 day... Clarion Island.... and that "ass hat" Dennis Braid was on my trip. Bragging about this and that... but I saw his skills first hand... he a skilled angler.

Anyways.... we're there to shoot a fishing video... and of course... Dennis did everything he could to get "on camera". Long story short... we have fish hanging... and anglers battling it out.... when Dennis runs out of the galley.... pins on a scad.... and casts in the middle of the stern... crossing many people's lines.

Not 30 seconds later he screaming... I'm bit. A cameraman picked him up and followed the fight. Meanwhile.... Dennis is doing his own "commentary"... about how to catch big tuna. "This one.... may be the World Record"... he shouted.... while getting his vutt handed to him by the fish.

Not 5 minutes later.... he got 'dragged" down the rail.... sideways. "Wait" he yelled..."deep color". From the second floor I saw it..... Dennis had "snagged" a giant Manta across those double nose flaps. Hilarious....as 25 guys all "roared" in laughter and applause!! They gave him so much "guff".... he couldn't stand it. He cut if off....and headed back to his stateroom for a few hours. Never let him live it down...EVER.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat Name
    several
    Wheres the pic of this monster?
    OK I'll post it....LOL