6 weeks to the Ranch and i dont know what do.

Rabbit91476

Aug 2, 2016
Central california
Name
Damon
Boat
None
ive Spent the last month reading for hours and I'm still a little mind boggled what to take. to many options for a guy entering a level of fishing he has no experience and will more than likely never experience again.
by rod reel thoughts for non sail/marlin fish.
2 8 foot steel head rod with stratic 3000 15lb braid for light stuff for me and brother( I can use this at home).
10 feet okuma cedros csx 2-5 oz with diawia bg 8000 with 50lb power pro ( which I will probable sit in garage when we return but its only 300$ )
need recommendations for 2 inshore/kayak spinning rods. was thinking diawa bg 6000 or waiting for the new slammer 3 to come out.
I do have a spinfisher v ll 4500 for medium stuff.
I'm thinking 5 rigs between the two of us and if we get a cruiser we use there gear. (do the curisers provide lures as well?)

ive tossed around the idea of just taking reels. But I like small game surf fishing and would like to try surf fishing at the Ranch. Sorry for all the newbie questions but I'm almost to the point of just saying . you guys pick and I buy lol.

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Relax, your in good hands down their. Stop buying stuff, it's not the old baja. Bring what you are comfortable with, let the experts at your resort take care of the rest. Use your money for rental suv , quad, Lots of area to cover from Ranch to Punta Pescadero, tackle shops around,guides available for anything you can think of. Your steelhead,Striper stuff will cover a lot, small to medium shiny stuff,pastics, some hooks, have fun ,relax, great time of year to be there.

Reactions: seabash

bparker1225

Ocean Addiction
Sep 27, 2004
Leucadia/Los Zacatitos
Name
Bill Parker
Boat
21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
Call John Ireland at the Ranch. He will tell you exactly what bring.mThey have tons of rods down there if you want ti bring your reels. Their rods and reels are super high quality as they have relationship with Accurate and most of it if from them.
Best of luck .We expect pics and a report.