6/6 & 6/7 Point Loma

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    Saturday was a good day. 20 rockfish, 6 barracuda, 10 assorted bass, 1 seal and 5 butts. That was the first time I’ve ever hooked a seal and for about five minutes I was excited. Then he popped up and I broke the line since he wasn’t going to come any closer. The halibut were all caught on dines drifted on the bottom. The big one was 28.5”, then 24” and 23.5”. I got my first keeper and they are real tasty. Only a few a-holes out on the water.

Sunday was totally different story. Caught about 10 bass between three people, 2 over 14”. Two small halibut in the boat lost a keeper at the boat a shark and a ray. Very slow fishing. We went to the kelp beds and didn’t get anything but a few nibbles. It was too rough to keep moving around so we just went back to the bay.

61C13ACF-94E7-43DF-87B3-D57D2998473B.jpeg

Upvote 0

Tom123

Jan 31, 2020
    LA
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    None
    Nice flatties. Congrats on your keeper.

Hooking a seal though? Pretty crazy. Dem suckers have gotten pretty darn good at eating hooked bait right behind the heads.

Upvote 0

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    Nice flatties. Congrats on your keeper.

Hooking a seal though? Pretty crazy. Dem suckers have gotten pretty darn good at eating hooked bait right behind the heads.

The crazy thing was is that out of the six sardines I dropped down before only two came back with the only the head. The rest were mangled or gone. Then I hooked the sardine in the tail

Upvote 0