PENN

Joeusername

• Jan 23, 2018
    BUENA PARK
    Name
    JB
    Boat
    Yes
    Picked up Squid and Sardines from Nacho at 6 AM and headed to Long Point. Picked away at Calicos on both the squid and sardine. Had a few breezing barracuda bite us off. Current wasn't great so moved to Empire. Sonar was full and felt fishy. Anchored in 65' and fished there for 4+ hours. It was all the calicos you wanted on squid. 80% were short. All went back. Slow but steady catch of bonito and barracuda on sardine. All barracuda were just short. Caught a really nice sheepshead on squid and brought him home for dinner. All bait was fly lined. Hope this helps some boats this weekend.

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Cool report and a goat for dinner! Awesome! ahh Long Point ! Lot of memories there!
    Before a gazillion fishing trips there, my 1st to the YMCA Camp at Long Point as a kid. Eons ago.
    Sleeping bags in open air cabins...the wild boar came down to the chain covered garbage cans behind the
    mess hall on the hill. The older campers got up threw rocks at the cans, sending 20-30 wild boar running around waking up us newbies, others. Rod and spearfishing at Goat Harbor. Overnight hikes. Whew.
    Lot of 4 legged goats and cactus in our tennies.
    Usually Yellowtail there or in front of the Girl Scout Camp next door. LOL

Upvote 0
    May 13, 2004
    Long Beach and points due west
    Name
    Bob Ballew
    Boat
    2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
    When the afternoon wind hits, inside Long Point is the tuck-in spot for a last chance at a halibut or wsb. Even caught a 3' oarfish by hand out in blue water, once, while free diving for yellowtail....Speared my first yellowtail there when I was 17....hmmm, that was 57years ago....Time to make another run!!

Reactions: Zika