thomasfishing

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 3, 2006
westminster
Name
Thomas
Boat
1851 seaswirl striper WA & 2601 Striper
Got Squid from Nacho this morning. Was thinking to shoot over to Catalina but stop by the Farm first and give it a little try. Long story short, Between my son, Brother in law and myself, We went a miserable 1/23 on these brute yellows. Yes you heard my right! 1 for 23 is my worst record ever!!!!! Breaking 30lb like nothing. Landed only one, didn't have a scale, but feels like 25lb to 30? If it wasn't for my work calling in for an emergency job, I would of stay. Left them biting at 11am. If you guys go, I would bring nothing below 30lb as they ate the flyline squid no problem.

IMG_8421.jpg

Last edited:

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
Definitely not 25-30.. my guess would be 18-20#

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
Got Squid from Nacho this morning. Was thinking to shoot over to Catalina but stop by the Farm first and give it a little try. Long story short, Between my son, Brother in law and myself, We went a miserable 1/23 on these brute yellows. Yes you heard my right! 1 for 23 is my worst record ever!!!!! Breaking 30lb like nothing. Landed only one, didn't have a scale, but feels like 25lb to 30? If it wasn't for my work calling in for an emergency job, I would of stay. Left them biting at 11am. If you guys go, I would bring nothing below 30lb as they ate the flyline squid no problem.

View attachment 1164241
Try changing your 30 pound mono. When it gets old, it breaks easier.

mshsu

Jun 16, 2005
Los Angeles
Name
Ming
Boat
Sea Hunt 17cc
Great job on the yellow! Even though it was tough, you at least got 1 and had lots of action!

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
1:23 There has to be a learning curve there; button down the drag, try a different set up. Something! OMGosh - if I could only be so lucky. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: javierlopez123

jigfisherman

Nov 17, 2010
Huntington Beach
Name
Josh Huffstetler
Boat
none
Some of the guys who have never fished there don’t understand quite what it is. Think of fishing yellows literally in the middle of the kelp. Toss your bait out and let it swim through the stringers. Except all these stringers are cable

anthony capito

Aug 14, 2017
Long Beach
Name
AC
Boat
N/A
Some of the guys who have never fished there don’t understand quite what it is. Think of fishing yellows literally in the middle of the kelp. Toss your bait out and let it swim through the stringers. Except all these stringers are cable
Yup, I’ve eaten my fair share of humble pie at that place

Reactions: slydawg

Hooops

Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"
flyline with tuna cord...

place is starting to get spearo attention now - hook/line party is over...

Reactions: marlyn

WilliamL

Aug 1, 2018
HB
Name
Jay
Boat
21 WA, nothing special
At least you didn't have to drive all the way to Cat. Here comes the gang bang for the next 5 days

flytie

Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat
Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
Run it like they do on the Gulf Coast. Fisherman on the stern live bait fly line, gets a bite and signals to the captain to hit the gas and yank the fish out. Then you can fight the fish at the open.

RodRage

Share the stoke!
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
Taking a swing Thursday....