Apr 10, 2009
hemet ca USA
Name
Josh
Boat
21' crystaliner /15' prowler
you can fish for two weeks straight if you tell your boss you got the RONA
Hahahahhahaha.

Sounds tempting, but 2 weeks of pay is alot of money to miss out on. Plus I'm still kinda waiting on this project to end , I might take a bit of time off and enjoy the summer. Maybe

Reactions: zing1402
Upvote 0

ltran0614

May 8, 2013
Orange
Name
L Train
Boat
27' Farallon Whaleback & 27' Radon LRB
Supposed to fish this weekend. We'll see what happens.

Sure wish I could fish during the week.

I ONLY fish during the week to avoid the crazies on the weekends. Then again there are crazies out ALL days of the week LOL!!!

Upvote 0

Gafff

Fishing is life
Aug 26, 2018
San Diego
Name
Jason
Boat
Working on it
I covered 100+ miles running from the 181, 43, 182 back to the 181. Saw the Sea Adventure 80 flying their kite .... no marks, no foamers, nothing.

OP summed the day up for us ... WE SUCK.
The damn fish kicked us in the balls! Gaffed it and brought it on deck as soon as it hits the deck we all look up and watch the kite and balloon fly away, we went from yessss to daaaamn, back to at least we got one!

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
  • Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    Well fuck I just ordered this I lost more money in bait than the pets cost so what’s one more hole

View attachment 1294878

View attachment 1294879

That is the ticket, don't worry about the hole... use 5200 and make it tight, make sure you put a shut off valve right after the thru hull. Don't use that valve to regulate water flow to the tank, if you need to regulate the flow to the tank put that valve between the pump and tank, if you use the one off of your thru hull you could damage your pump. That is a much better set up than off the transom, it is very easy to get a lot of bubbles off the transom which isn't good for your bait and you can lose prime in your pump. I come off the transom with my third pump that runs the front tank, the pump is inside the boat and is self priming and pushes the water up hill 15' to that tank so any bubbles aren't a problem

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
  • Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    Not a new boat, I’ve had it for five years. Just finally in a position to get it going. I’m open to run out with you George.

Do you still have my number? if not I'll pm it to you. I usually go on weekdays to beat the crowd and launch out of Mission bay, it's really close to my house and much safer for my truck than SI. I can meet up with you anywhere.

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat
    uh....
    Do you still have my number? if not I'll pm it to you. I usually go on weekdays to beat the crowd and launch out of Mission bay, it's really close to my house and much safer for my truck than SI. I can meet up with you anywhere.
    I’d have to look if I have it. Probably wouldn’t hurt to shoot me a pm anyway. I’m off Friday and Saturday, but with a little notice, I could probably move that around some. I would prefer weekday fishing too for the same reason. I prefer Mission Bay as well. I’ll launch from shelter, but I don’t care to.

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    View attachment 1294785Mounted on a 2019 170 Montauk. I’ve got replacement pumps in the console and have quick-snaps already rigged. It’s a 1 minute swap if needed. And I buy the cheap pumps as the Rule pumps have been no better.
    Try using a "Rule Bilge Pump" Instead of the Rule Bait pump!! My friend has the same set up as yours and kept having problems with the Rule Bait Pump and when he switched it out, He didn't realize it was a bilge pump (same size as the bait pump) and It worked perfect, Even when he was in reverse, etc., He never lost prime in the pump.

Upvote 0

zing1402

Jul 13, 2020
    yorba linda
    Name
    nick
    Boat
    which one
    That is the ticket, don't worry about the hole... use 5200 and make it tight, make sure you put a shut off valve right after the thru hull. Don't use that valve to regulate water flow to the tank, if you need to regulate the flow to the tank put that valve between the pump and tank, if you use the one off of your thru hull you could damage your pump. That is a much better set up than off the transom, it is very easy to get a lot of bubbles off the transom which isn't good for your bait and you can lose prime in your pump. I come off the transom with my third pump that runs the front tank, the pump is inside the boat and is self priming and pushes the water up hill 15' to that tank so any bubbles aren't a problem
    yeah on the pump i have now there's a valve in between the pump and tank but im running it wide open and fill time is right at over 7 mins and keeps bait really well so im putting the same 800gph pump and i should be fine. i think im just going to us the transom pump as a wash down so i don't have to try to plug the hole.

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
  • Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    yeah on the pump i have now there's a valve in between the pump and tank but im running it wide open and fill time is right at over 7 mins and keeps bait really well so im putting the same 800gph pump and i should be fine. i think im just going to us the transom pump as a wash down so i don't have to try to plug the hole.

Just an FYI fill time is only good for making sure your system is working the same today as it was yesterday. People have come to think that to fast of a fill time will kill your bait, it doesn't mine is 3 min. it isn't how fast you change the water it is about not creating a current... that is what kills your bait or makes it swim itself to death or beats it against the tank making it poor bait. If your having a hard time keeping your bait alive and working good a bigger tank always makes it easier but there are things you can do to fix that if you can't run a bigger tank.

Upvote 0

bajachild

Almost A Member
  • Jul 13, 2005
    so. cal
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    2019 Montauk 170
    Try using a "Rule Bilge Pump" Instead of the Rule Bait pump!! My friend has the same set up as yours and kept having problems with the Rule Bait Pump and when he switched it out, He didn't realize it was a bilge pump (same size as the bait pump) and It worked perfect, Even when he was in reverse, etc., He never lost prime in the pump.
    I don’t have problems. No dead bait ever. It’s just the Rule pumps are grossly overpriced and I didn’t get any more longevity out of them. They were stock on the boat, and failed quickly.

Reactions: kevina
    Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
  • Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    I don’t have problems. No dead bait ever. It’s just the Rule pumps are grossly overpriced and I didn’t get any more longevity out of them. They were stock on the boat, and failed quickly.

we checked a rule 1100 which should pump 18 gal. a min. and straight out of the thru hull it pumped 4. Compared it to my water puppy, 4' away from the thru hull and pumping up hill 15' still pumped 8 gal a min as advertised. I hate Rule

Upvote 0