SMYLEE

3 different fishermen use this account
Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
I was out there doing the same.. we most like talked about it over 72. From the 226 down to the 371 fish and life EVERYWHERE eating all or chum wouldn't take that hook. When those 100lb+ schools showed up I was fishing 20lb size 1 circle for a quick pick up and reel dump. The fish were there as you know it was just one of those days. We could not find them down there.. it got old.

Upvote 0

zing1402

Jul 13, 2020
yorba linda
Name
nick
Boat
which one
I was out there doing the same.. we most like talked about it over 72. From the 226 down to the 371 fish and life EVERYWHERE eating all or chum wouldn't take that hook. When those 100lb+ schools showed up I was fishing 20lb size 1 circle for a quick pick up and reel dump. The fish were there as you know it was just one of those days. We could not find them down there.. it got old.
yeah someone asked about how it looked around the 302 might have been you i had the whole place to myself for a while

Reactions: SMYLEE
Upvote 0

Prince

Sep 25, 2015
Los Angeles
Name
Prince
Boat
None
Decided last minute to go give it a try put a game plan together to start north and work south. Left the ramp at 4:30 and headed to get some bait picked up a scoup and a half and off I went to the 182. Half way there I stop to grab a beer and take a piss I check the bait tank and it’s half empty and most of the bait is dead! I noticed my shitty pickup broke off so I decide to take it slow I throw the cedar plug off the back crank up 91X and grab another beer. I get to the 182 and there’s fish everywhere chummed a bunch of chunk, threw poppers at them, fly lined baits sinker rigs all for nada. So I head south to the 226 same damn story and on to the 302 then half way to the 425 I see more fish in a 1/4 mile circle than I have ever seen I decide to just drift and hope one of these stupid fuckers will jump in the boat. I put the baits out chum a bunch throw the popper at the ones I can reach for nothing. 3 o’clock hits and I have been out of beer for an hour and I’m running out of smokes so I head for the barn. All in all it was a nice day weather was good beer was cold water temp was on the high end of 66

View attachment 1294778

View attachment 1294779
Same thing happened on the Aztec yesterday, fish everywhere but we were only able to get a few big boys and nice size yellows. The rest, didn't want to bite.

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
  • Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    I’ve been in your shoes brutha! Cold beer for the win!

I’ll have my skippy back pretty soon. Two scoop bait tank and lots of cooler room. I like 805, let’s fish!
    New boat Bob? Let me know next time you come down this way, I'll buddy boat with you. I'm waiting for a new pump for my front tank but I will go with just one. I'm usually by myself anyway. No problem running out of beer or smokes, I don't drink or smoke... I know, I'm boring.

Upvote 0

Gafff

Fishing is life
    Aug 26, 2018
    San Diego
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Working on it
    We got one on the yummy between the 182 and 43 but after that we couldnt get nadda, we were over schools all day and threw the barn at them and no takers, we pretty much had to run over a foaming school to get that one on the yummy, no other boats were around, if they were we wouldnt of got that close to them and scared them down, but that got us a 121. The foamers we saw wouldnt take bait or jigs either. We even hauled down just north of the nados, tons of fish below no takers.

ltran0614

May 8, 2013
    Orange
    Name
    L Train
    Boat
    27' Farallon Whaleback & 27' Radon LRB
    We got one on the yummy between the 182 and 43 but after that we couldnt get nadda, we were over schools all day and threw the barn at them and no takers, we pretty much had to run over a foaming school to get that one on the yummy, no other boats were around, if they were we wouldnt of got that close to them and scared them down, but that got us a 121. The foamers we saw wouldnt take bait or jigs either. We even hauled down just north of the nados, tons of fish below no takers.

We really must be blind bc we ran the same area, could not spot a single sign of life anywhere. Saw plenty of water ....

Upvote 0

Gafff

Fishing is life
    Aug 26, 2018
    San Diego
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Working on it
    We really must be blind bc we ran the same area, could not spot a single sign of life anywhere. Saw plenty of water ....
    The foamers we saw were when we drove far from the boat party. We flew the yummy most of the day so we covered alot of area, we stopped where the boat show was and there were tons of marks no takers. The foamer was all like 30 lbers and the big ones were below, it got smashed like 5 times before the 121 stuck to it

Reactions: jiggermyster

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat
    uh....
    New boat Bob? Let me know next time you come down this way, I'll buddy boat with you. I'm waiting for a new pump for my front tank but I will go with just one. I'm usually by myself anyway. No problem running out of beer or smokes, I don't drink or smoke... I know, I'm boring.
    Not a new boat, I’ve had it for five years. Just finally in a position to get it going. I’m open to run out with you George.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
  • Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    It wasn't you!!!!
    It was ALL of us yesterday!

Huge marks!!! A lot of meat under the water. Just not biting.

Upvote 0

ltran0614

May 8, 2013
    Orange
    Name
    L Train
    Boat
    27' Farallon Whaleback & 27' Radon LRB
    The foamers we saw were when we drove far from the boat party. We flew the yummy most of the day so we covered alot of area, we stopped where the boat show was and there were tons of marks no takers. The foamer was all like 30 lbers and the big ones were below, it got smashed like 5 times before the 121 stuck to it

I covered 100+ miles running from the 181, 43, 182 back to the 181. Saw the Sea Adventure 80 flying their kite .... no marks, no foamers, nothing.

OP summed the day up for us ... WE SUCK.

Upvote 0

zing1402

Jul 13, 2020
    yorba linda
    Name
    nick
    Boat
    which one
    I covered 100+ miles running from the 181, 43, 182 back to the 181. Saw the Sea Adventure 80 flying their kite .... no marks, no foamers, nothing.

OP summed the day up for us ... WE SUCK.
    next time you will go out and get limits in the first hour just gotta pay the dues sometimes i guess

Reactions: ltran0614
    Upvote 0