Jax Mikkelsen

Rosa Ranger
Sep 3, 2018
Santa Barbara
Name
Jax Mikkelsen
Boat
Degenerate 17'
Left South Shores around 4:30, went straight to Nacho's and grabbed a scoop of squid, and started making our way across to the East end. As soon as we got to the quarry there were bonito boiling everywhere on bait. We made a couple casts and kept moving around. When we got around Church there were about 15 boats all on anchor at Palisades, from 90 to 50 ft of water. No idea what was going on, didnt see anyone bent. We fished some structures from Silver Canyon to Freddie's with not much action, a sculpin and some cudas. After a while we changed it up and looked deeper, finding some piles of candy in 80' and doing some drifts. Went 1 for 2 on very good quality biscuits, along with a keeper hali. Started blowing on the backside so we went around front for a swim, saw a sportboat pull some yellows at Gallagher. Headed back across at 3PM, crossing was eggy to say the least. Good eats

IMG_6784.jpgIMG_6805.jpgIMG_6808.jpg

Last edited:

boxofrain

The lure of failure is irresistible
Jul 6, 2007
san Juan Capistrano
Name
Ed Schmitt
Boat
Robalo 25 foot "Fishfinder"
Fabulous fish! Nice stones. I had earrings made for my daughters from the otoliths of a monster I caught about ten years ago. Worth digging out. Thanks for the report.

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Nice stones!! I was fishing in Illinois they have a fresh water drum perch! They have stones too!