6/29/10 Lahaina harbor,Lahaina Maui

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by Startmeup, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    June 28, 2010 Lahaina Harbor, Maui Hawaii
    It is now the end of June the weddings are in full swing and fishing charters have become a big part of their experience on Maui. And yes, the brides do fish. We at Start Me Up Sportfishing feel privileged at being a part of so many new beginnings as well as so many first time fishing experiences.
    [​IMG]
    Michael Britsch, Jacob Regan and Lucas Cossette all went on a father and son 6 hour charter that landed them this 20 pound ono.
    [​IMG]
    Dave and Matt Goldenberg had a great 9 hour early morning charter with tunas and a nice mahi as their catch.
    [​IMG]
    Jeff Cichon and Dan Campbell got a couple of nice onos on this 6 hour shared trip.
    [​IMG]
    Russell and Tina May brought in these tunas on their early morning charter.
    [​IMG]
    Mike and Michael Stotts with Rob, Sara and Robert Andre made it look way too easy bringing in 3 onos and a mahi. They all fish off the coast of California but thoroughly enjoyed their charter and the time they spent with Team Start Me Up.
    [​IMG]
    Success was what this 4 hour charter was all about. Boh, Alexa and Dom Koziol enjoyed their catch of onos.
    [​IMG]
    Randy McLain showing his ono and mahi caught on a 6hour shared trip.
    [​IMG]
    Gloria Davis, Randy McLain, and Derek Robertson with 2 nice onos and a mahi after a 6 hour shared trip with Team Start Me Up.
    [​IMG]
    Katelyn Marscheider with her 20 pound ono caught on one of Start Me Ups early morning charters.
    [​IMG]
    Brad Gloger really wanted to go fishing. He chartered an afternoon 4 hour and was stoked to have caught this 20 pound ono.
    [​IMG]
    Dorothy Parson, Janet Garner, Roy Szuta and Jim Hamilton had a fabulous morning 4 hour. They invited the ono for dinner.
    [​IMG]
    Matthew Keys successfully boated this ono with his family cheering him on.
    [​IMG]
    John Brier didn’t have to wait long for this ono, he hooked up just outside of Lahaina Harbor.
    [​IMG]
    Rick and Teresa Bertram may have had an unfair advantage the added luck of having a last name so synonymous with fishing. Whatever it was 4 onos are no longer roaming the deep blue seas.
    [​IMG]
    Kathryn Chappell on a morning 4 hour shared trip reeled in this 25 pound ono.
    [​IMG]
    88 pounds of ono, Paul Ungerer wont soon forget his early morning charter.
    [​IMG]
    On this family trip Morgan Rude made her first catch a 22 pound ono.
    [​IMG]
    Good company and good fishing made for a great day on the water for Bill and Melissa Shadoan and John and Trudi Collier.
    [​IMG]
    These 2 onos were both in the 20 pound category which made Josh and Julie Durflinger and Larry Hamby very pleased.
    [​IMG]
    Megan, Patrick, Katherine and Rich Besecker with Bob Guzman displaying their catch.
    [​IMG]
    Henry Sneed looks like a fisherman and certainly catches like a fisherman, nice onos.
    [​IMG]
    Scott and Nash Pruitt, Tim and Eli O’Brian, Paul Bredan and Mark Fillinger set out on a 6 hour charter, was it enough? Yes it was with 3 onos being boated.
    [​IMG]
    When these three young ladies were asked what they wanted to do on Maui they unanimously voted for fishing. The Aucoin girls had the time of their life and mom and grandma had some terrific memories.
    [​IMG]
    On a two hour bottom fishing charter John and Ellen Woilalla caught this colorful moe lua (Pflueger’s goatfish).
    [​IMG]
    These 4 nabetas were caught by Neal and Therese Pettigrew on a late afternoon two hour charter.
    [​IMG]
    Northin beta than nabeta. This Peacock razorfish is in the Wrasses family a very tastey fish, scales and all.
    [​IMG]
    The Alfano Family with Cam Williams took an early morning charter and as you can see had a great deal of success catching ono.
    [​IMG]
    This early morning trip exceeded the Gordon Families expectations.
    [​IMG]
    With a couple of small mahi and an ono in their catch the Williams Family got a nice variety for their barbeque.
    There are many more fish in the sea and anglers to reel them in. So keep a look out for our next posting, soon to come. Stop Wishing N Go Fishing.
    Aloha Burger

2. Double Z

Double Z Newbie

Name:
    Harry S. Stamper
    Boat:
    Nope
    I'm counting the days.....

3. il delfino

il delfino yes have some...

Name:
    Grant
    Boat:
    25' Mako CC "Island Girl" & 31' Ocean Master Express "Testa Dura"
    See u guys Saturday! Love the 2:30 am start, makes me feel like I'm home, except there is actually an offshore scene worth fishing here! Let's get some....

4. Double Z

Double Z Newbie

Name:
    Harry S. Stamper
    Boat:
    Nope
    Good luck Grant. I can't wait to see how you do.

5. Pupule

Pupule Member

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    22 ft Islander
    Lee, you must be the prime supplier of fresh fish for all the waterfront restaurants in Lahaina. Way to load 'em up!

6. Startmeup

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Pupule we do put some of our fish on the restaurants table.They like us as we take care of our fish.Our boats leave the dock every day with aprox.350# of ice that we make.That said our anglers are welcome to take all the fish they catch if they want!Thanks for your input.Doug

7. Startmeup

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Yes we have two 2000# per day ice makers.We need to be sure we have ice when WE NEED IT.The 7th. boat is just a spair one to cover dry docks and break downs.Thanks for your support.Doug

8. dweston

dweston Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Duane
    Boat:
    yours
    Not to be an ass or anything but why keep such small mahi?

9. Startmeup

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    It pays to be ready to catch weather you do or not.We chose to be ready every day catch or not.We never have to wait for the ice man to show up so we can leave the dock.We also maintain aprox. 2500# on the dock to ice our fish down while we display them.All this pays off big with happy anglers or fish buyers or the wife at home when the fish is taken care of properly.Thanks again for your input and support.Doug

10. Startmeup

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    See the How we eat thread.We waist no fish that are taken. Thank for the question.Doug

11. Pupule

Pupule Member

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    22 ft Islander
    Well that's a little different. I've never done much research on local charter companies, but from what I've heard, most Hawaiian charter boats keep their fees down by selling the fish, leaving their riders enough fish for one nice dinner.

12. Jason

Jason I break stuff @ BD Admin

Name:
    Jason
    I wish we had Ono right off our shores in CA.
    Ice it down! Give the fish respect by taking care of it. No fish is wasted when it's fresh.