PENN

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    Today was pretty much a normal day for the rockfish. Got our limits then drifted through the kelp pitching sardines for bass. Caught a few bass/cuda and my buddy nailed a White Sea bass. Blew up his sardine on the surface and gave him a good fight. 31”. Not huge but good for 20# line. Fished zuninga for a few more bass a short butt and a Ray. Called it quits after that.

Upvote 0

radman

Jun 10, 2006
    escondido
    Name
    Darrin
    Boat
    Stringari
    From someone who caught not only 1,but 2 legal white seabass off a kelp paddy outside of Cornado North island,let me tell you,there are no fences in the ocean,and don`t be surprised by whatever it gives up to you.

Upvote 0

MattFred1414

• Jan 3, 2020
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20ft Skeeter Zx20Bay
    From someone who caught not only 1,but 2 legal white seabass off a kelp paddy outside of Cornado North island,let me tell you,there are no fences in the ocean,and don`t be surprised by whatever it gives up to you.

I was just so surprised and didn’t think flipping sardines in the kelp was going to result in a White Sea bass. Especially when it was my friend that can barely cast. I’ve also never heard of ppl catching them on the surface. Im also newish to fishing SoCal so what do I know.

Upvote 0