Islands 6/25 3/4 day charter Navegante

Aug 12, 2003
Glendora
www.saket.com
Name
Pat Ross
Boat
24' Dorsett " Por Nada" with Tuna Tower
Left Redondo 5 am Friday on the Navegante ( the boat used to be the Indian) 1st time I have fished the islands out of Redondo since way back when, on the BlackJack with skipper Gary Norbe.
First thing I thought when I got on the boat was wow! Mike and Jacob have done a great job refurbishing the boat, Russ Izor would be proud. Loved the huge area on the bow ( great for throwing the iron) The stern has the bait tanks closer to the galley as I remembered which gives you a lot of room to cast. Huge galley and the state rooms have been redone.
We were on a 5am to 7pm 3/4 day 2 hours longer than most. The run to Catalina took 2 hours 45 minutes faster than I thought it would be from Redondo
Fished from just east of Hen Rock to the west end. A lot of the 3 B's (Bonito, Barracuda and Bass) we wanted a surface bite and thats what we got. The Yellows showed up at goat harbor. We had em going for about an hour. They were eating the Sardine and the Colt Sniper. I tried a mint 45 only the Berries would eat it.
We had a few rookies on the boat so we went 8 for about 14 on the Yellows. Great day all things considered, Skipper Mike and the crew were as good as it gets.
Mike worked his ass off putting us on the fish. We are gonna charter the Navegante for a 2 day to the outer banks in the fall.

PXL_20210625_230528644 (1).jpg

Last edited:

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Left Redondo 5 am Friday on the Navegante ( the boat used to be the Indian) 1st time I have fished the islands out of Redondo since way back when on the BlackJack with skipper Gary Norbe.
First thing I thought when I got on the boat was wow! Mike and Jacob have done a great job refurbishing the boat, Russ Izor would be proud. Loved the huge area on the bow ( great for throwing the iron) The stern has the bait tanks closer to the galley as I remembered which give you a lot of room to cast. Huge gally and state rooms have been redone.
We were on a 5am to 7pm 3/4 day 2 hours longer than most. The run to Catalina took 2 hours 45 minutes faster than I thought it would be from Redondo
Fished from just east of Hen Rock to the west end. A lot of the 3 B's (Bonito, Barracuda and Bass) we wanted a surface bite and thats what we got. The Yellows showed up at goat harbor. We had em going for about an hour. They were eating the Sardine and the Colt Sniper. I tried a mint 45 only the Berries would eat it.
We had a few rookies on the boat so we went 8 for about 14 on the Yellows. Great day all things considered, Skipper Mike and the crew were as good as it gets.
Mike worked his ass off putting us on the fish. We are gonna charter the Navegante for a 2 day to the outer banks in the fall.

View attachment 1293532
that is great News ,i was invited on A 2 day in July ,I can't wait .

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Nice trip, but I doubt the yellows you were catching were at Goat Harbor. That's smack dab in the middle of an MLPA!

Upvote 0

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    Years ago the Indian had great 2 day packages.
    $199 for 2 day.
    We were fishing Albies and yellowfin.
    Capt. Chris Jumped out of the wheelhouse and started unloading his 9mm into a Mako that was swimming around the boat. First time I'd seen that.😆😆😆

Upvote 0

1biggbass

Aug 4, 2014
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    Triton 186
    Randall and the Indian- great times. She was a wet boat in the bunkroom but I think the waterlogged lumber had a unique sound that the pelagics just loved

Reactions: Radical Ross
    Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    Randall and the Indian- great times. She was a wet boat in the bunkroom but I think the waterlogged lumber had a unique sound that the pelagics just loved
    A wet bunk room but a great boat ,
    Fishing with Randle was like fishing with your best friend, because he was
    Special, and put his heart in that boat.

Reactions: Radical Ross
    Upvote 0

Abusaade

Aug 22, 2010
    Compton, Ca
    Name
    Ahmad
    Boat
    none
    Left Redondo 5 am Friday on the Navegante ( the boat used to be the Indian) 1st time I have fished the islands out of Redondo since way back when, on the BlackJack with skipper Gary Norbe.
    First thing I thought when I got on the boat was wow! Mike and Jacob have done a great job refurbishing the boat, Russ Izor would be proud. Loved the huge area on the bow ( great for throwing the iron) The stern has the bait tanks closer to the galley as I remembered which gives you a lot of room to cast. Huge galley and the state rooms have been redone.

View attachment 1293532
    I remember Captain Gary Norbe, best captain I ever fished with . He was a legend .

Upvote 0