Fishdood

Fishgistics
Sep 30, 2012
San Marcos, CA
www.facebook.com
Name
Austin
Boat
It was a LONG day, headed south west in the morning and started looking. Limits of boats. Decided to look around for our own stuff. Mostly dry kelps, one 15lb YT on a sinker rig after drifting off a kelp.

Plan was to stay all day no matter what. Burned more fuel and found a couple deep marks but couldn't get anything to go and nothing was up all day besides the football YFT that have now learned from their cousins how to put on a show and not touch anything with a hook. I believe they have had a gender/species change from BFT to YFT and thats why they are acting like that.

FINALLY at 6:30PM we found a real spot up, game on and let the fails begin. After having nothing to do all day I decided to go into full amateur hour and at least it made for some good video! My buddy didn't fail and we were able to put one nice one (80-90lb) on the boat on the long rod in under 5 min.

Heres your good laugh below (turn on 4K video setting), the best is the full foamer just cruising by 5 ft from the boat as I pick my nest.

Time for redemption this week.

IMG_5399.JPG good1.png good2.png good3.png good4.png

Last edited:

downtime

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 12, 2006
San Diego
Name
Ronson
Boat
26 Skipjack "Reel Hard"
Nice work!
Very frustrating tossing right into em and nothing!
Way to keep after it!

watersdeep

Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
What rod did he land the fish with?
And jig?

aguachico

Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
Sticking it out for 12 hours getting a fish on the deck. Looks good to me. Watching the young boys scamper around a cuddy with the long rods, "youth is wasted on the young".
Good job.

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
God Job getting one on deck guys!

No way am I casting from the top of the cuddy when I can cast from the deck much further. You did not make up the extra 10' by being awkwardly closer to the foamers.

Last edited:

soul troller

Mine bends where yours ends
Mar 14, 2004
Murrieta Ca
Name
Lou
Boat
Pursuit 2870 WA
Sick video . I can relate . Hard to describe to a non fisherman the adrenaline rush of the school popping up like that.
Congrats on killing a fat one.

El Chiva

May 23, 2010
Hb, ca
Name
Nomad
Boat
Parker 2120 Nomad
F’ing epic and hilarious.

I am pretty much the master at full speed bird nests while under pressure.

Reactions: Fishdood