6/14 150 3 for 3 on the yellows

SlantEyEdTuna

Jan 29, 2007
Lax
Name
John
Boat
Thresher
I borrowed my friends boat today and took out 2 of my wife's friends' husbands today to the 150. They initially had plans to go lake fishing and wanted me to go with them but I changed their minds. They were both noobs to ocean fishing. one of them's father passed away recently from cancer and I knew he used to fish all the time with his father freshwater. They would always tell me how they never catch anything despite their love of fishing. I told him we had a decent shot. We launched out 7am out of pedro. We got the smallest scoop of pinhead deans today. I was a little worried about our bait but it turned out to be fine. Upon arrival we stopped at a spot away from everyone else. Shortly after my friend hooks up on dropper loop. It was his first yellow. 20#s or so. shortly after he hooks and lands another in the mid 20s. Right after that I get one pushing 30#s. After that it was dead. I only saw one boat next to us hook and land a yellow but that was it. All fish were caught on dropper loop 40# mono no floro. Im so glad I was able to help my friend get his first yellow. I know hes hooked after this.

tombo0055

Jun 29, 2012
Lake Elsinore,Ca
Name
Tom Sarraille
Boat
pier and jetty fisherman
Went out to SCI last week, mostly dinker yellows
(5 to 6 pounds) and LOTS of big hungry Sea lions, stay around the 150, though crowded that's where the lunker yellows are!

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
Nice job on the yellow, but how come your's was so much bigger. :D

Tuna Vic

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 17, 2010
Whittier California
Name
Victor
Boat
18ftC/CWellcraft Calico Time II
Mostly been hearing about fly lined and iron fish,pretty cool to hear you got them on the dropper,WTG

SlantEyEdTuna

Jan 29, 2007
Lax
Name
John
Boat
Thresher
Just dumb luck. But I only got 1 and my noob friend got 2 :) so far my last 3 trips I got 1 yt each trip. Can't seem to break that so far. Tried yoyoing for awhile too but the mak sea handle I put on my andros 12aii came loose. Btw what colors are getting bit on yoyo these days there?

fishingsurfing

Tuna Twin
May 30, 2014
San Diego, CA
Name
Andy
Boat
Tiderunner 195 "Tuna Twins"
Just dumb luck. But I only got 1 and my noob friend got 2 :) so far my last 3 trips I got 1 yt each trip. Can't seem to break that so far. Tried yoyoing for awhile too but the mak sea handle I put on my andros 12aii came loose. Btw what colors are getting bit on yoyo these days there?
mint