Kman

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat
Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
Steve and I fished his sled today. Having good intel from Rich (Taxfree) from his trip a couple days ago where he caught 60 fish including ANOTHER 10# calico (you bastard!), we did a gentleman’s launch and were fishing by 0630. The bass were on the chew in the 64.5 degree water. Could not tell current as there was a nasty breeze from the ESE. We had 25 fish by 0830, then it just shut off. Included in that good couple of hours of fishing was a flurry on big sand bass, the smallest of which was 4.5 pounds and they went up to 6#.

Now it was wholesale rock hopping time, where we would get one here, two there. We fished till 1:30, finishing with 53 fish on the clicker. All fish were released save for a big sculpin. The weather turned nice around 11:30, but the fishing still sucked.

Check out the fish finder pic below. It tells a cool story. It shows suspended fish, my double trouble rig dropping into them, a fight, then fish following the caught fish up into the water column. Steve’s CHIRP transducer is a TM165HW. Oh and check out that toad calico caught (and released) Friday on Taxfree. He bounced between 9.5 and 10.5# on the Boga. That is their second ten pounder since November.

Kman Special swimbaits caught most of the fish with honorable mention going to the JP jig. When it got slow, the clown head helped getting bit. I did something just for giggles on a double trouble rig: I replaced one of the leadhead/swimbaits with a spinner bait. When it didn’t get tangled up, it worked pretty well.

Anyways, we didn’t sink the boat or get arrested or towed. Thanks for the invite Steve. Good times!

A301CF2E-0964-482B-BAC8-4A7B3555EF74.jpeg

D4EE45EF-980F-4EBA-B6E9-89B02AA6915A.jpeg

F96E3CA4-C8C4-433E-B6F5-E490A2C4C006.jpeg

5DD0EFC6-B559-4CB3-95CE-BE1CD4320350.jpeg

Last edited:

TAXFREE

Mar 14, 2003
Downey, CA
Visit site
Name
Richard Gleason
Boat
1998 Parker 21 SE CC
Steve and I fished his sled today. Having good intel from Rich (Taxfree) from his trip a couple days ago where he caught 60 fish including ANOTHER 10# calico (you bastard!), we did a gentleman’s launch and were fishing by 0630. The bass were on the chew in the 64.5 degree water. Could not tell current as there was a nasty breeze from the ESE. We had 25 fish by 0830, then it just shut off. Included in that good couple of hours of fishing was a flurry on big sand bass, the smallest of which was 4.5 pounds and they went up to 6#.

Now it was wholesale rock hopping time, where we would get one here, two there. We fished till 1:30, finishing with 53 fish on the clicker. All fish were released save for a big sculpin. The weather turned nice around 11:30, but the fishing still sucked.

Check out the fish finder pic below. It tells a cool story. It shows suspended fish, my double trouble rig dropping into them, a fight, then fish following the caught fish up into the water column. Steve’s CHIRP transducer is a TM185HW. Oh and check out that toad calico caught Friday on Taxfree. He bounced between 9.5 and 10.5# on the Boga. That is their second ten pounder since November.

Kman Special swimbaits caught most of the fish with honorable mention going to the JP jig. When it got slow, the clown head helped getting bit. I did something just for giggles on a double trouble rig: I replaced one of the leadhead/swimbaits with a spinner bait. When it didn’t get tangled up, it worked pretty well.

Anyways, we didn’t sink the boat or get arrested or towed. Thanks for the invite Steve. Good times!

View attachment 1289602

View attachment 1289603

View attachment 1289604

View attachment 1289605
of course, this 10 lber was released successfully
Rich on TAXFREE

Reactions: LEC
Upvote 0

onehottip

May 8, 2006
So cal
Name
Guerms
Boat
18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
Finally it’s starting to happen. Wtg guys! Toads

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
Damn you got some fatties! Nice work boys.

Upvote 0

dsl

• Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover

Check out the fish finder pic below. It tells a cool story. It shows suspended fish, my double trouble rig dropping into them, a fight, then fish following the caught fish up into the water column. Steve’s CHIRP transducer is a TM165HW. Oh and check out that toad calico caught Friday on Taxfree. He bounced between 9.5 and 10.5# on the Boga. That is their second ten pounder since November.

View attachment 1289602

View attachment 1289603

View attachment 1289604

View attachment 1289605
    👌 Great day!

Upvote 0

ssrmr2

Mar 15, 2006
    OC
    Name
    Steve
    Boat