6/10/19 w/ no pics...

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by patfishhi, Jun 11, 2019.

1. patfishhi

patfishhi Registered User

Name:
    Pat
    Boat:
    32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
    OK I'm gonna whine for minute, because I'm a whiner... So our planned outage is from 6/5 thru 6/22 and I volunteered for nights, to be able sneak out on days if it gets good. Well I couldn't wait until it got good. I'm working from 4:30P to 5:30A (or there abouts). Convinced my slip neighbor Leslie and his brother Mike to meet me at the boat around 6AM (that's some bankers hours for this time of year). Snuck away from work a little early and pushed off right at 6. Headed out and right. Set the spread...
    8 lure spread with 3 chrome jets off 3 flat lines, 2 ice blue one black salmon. Explained to Mike the set up, he thought it was pretty cool running those flat and so close. Inside the 1000 outside Makua the stbd flat goes (Ice Blue), get down to the rod, push up the lever up to strike, fish dumps 100+ yds and then comes off, just before see 150ish blue ruffle the surface. Mike and Leslie are duly impressed.
    Long story short, about 1PM heading back in outside 1000 outside Makua the center flat get bit, the 2nd Ice Blue goes, same story, nice blue comes off, again the boys are impressed with the action. Make a pass on R and get a decent Ono about 35 right on the buoy. Get in clean up, head back to work, it was a damn azz long night, but great sleep this morning.
    I mostly tell the story just because of the chrome jets, but I guess also for some sympathy, see I told I was gonna whine.
    Cheers
    Pat

Holoholo808, I'M OFF, conor and 3 others like this.
  2. shadzdad

shadzdad Member

Name:
    Darren
    Boat:
    building one
    Pat and crew, too bad on the rubber hooks but we know you likey some ono. If anyone has been aboard the Kai Nana, they can vouch that Pat does put out an impressive spread hence the strikes. Keep up the whining, we're more than happy to hear it.

Holoholo808 and I'M OFF like this.
  3. shbite

shbite kailua lures

Name:
    steve
    Boat:
    19 glass pro
    Better than us breaking the last 4 ahi at the boat. 3 on light leader first one breaks in my hand after grabbing the leader 4 times, next day one about 200 manages to get in the prop, 3 Rd one decides to bites generic saltiga pull the wiring system out of the lure, and the best one again a big one my friend sticks it with a gaff almost gets pulled overboard luckily the gaff breaks then the 200 lb leader. Talk about a gorrilla on my back. Id rather catch mahi Ono and taape for that matter lol. B

Holoholo808, Aukai03 and Jason like this.
  4. shbite

shbite kailua lures

Name:
    steve
    Boat:
    19 glass pro
    Sorry not trying to hijack the post

5. AKEMI TOO

AKEMI TOO Member

Name:
    Steven
    Boat:
    21 Seaswirl Stripper W/A
    At least a lot of action, too bad on the misses. Fish(ono) tacos sounds good.

6. conor

conor Member

Name:
    Ohana o Kai
    Boat:
    20 ft. Pioneer
    Chrome jets!
    Nice work pat on the ono and raising a few blues

7. russell kato

russell kato "Kamoku"

Name:
    russ
    Boat:
    15' Arima - Kamoku
    Sorry to hear about the rubber hooks! Wow, even Waianae’s best has a rare bout of the “rubber hook syndrome”! We all knows that’s the exception to your usually days on the water! For what it’s worth, at least you got that toothy fellow that makes great fish tacos! You’ll get em on your next trip out!

8. patfishhi

patfishhi Registered User

Name:
    Pat
    Boat:
    32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
    Darren, no place for whining on the back deck, only in front of the computer...
    Steve, well that down right sucks...
    Steven, yep the Ono was dinner for a few nights during the outage, a few more days and should be done...
    Conor, hope your enjoying your new digs... Let's hear some GBFT stories please.

Russ, the season started early again this year, never got too good over here, the run up North and East lasted for awhile... Hoping for a solid influx of respectable critters real soon.
    Cheers
    Pat