5 Day Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale!!! Save Up to 80%!!

Discussion in 'Sponsors Specials' started by Pelagic Outfitters, Nov 21, 2017.

1. bob1825

bob1825 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Jason
    Boat:
    Anyone the fits my schedule
    X2. They are great.

Olddog8 and larry dickson like this.
  2. wahging

wahging Newbie

Name:
    steve young
    Boat:
    none
    Has anyone heard from them recently? I've had an order for a 20 visxs since the sale and can't get hold of them via email or phone. Wish they would at least return a cal or email me back!!!

3. Shotgun Louie

Shotgun Louie Newbie

Name:
    Louie
    Boat:
    N/A
    They have gone dark for the last week and a half...maybe they are trying out my 16 VISXS?

bob1825 likes this.
  4. j fish

j fish Member

Name:
    jay
    Boat:
    none
    Spoke with them this morning. Reels are slowly trickling in and they are shipping them out in the order the orders were placed. Like others have said, they are a stand up company that offers some pretty incredible deals.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    skotz likes this.
  5. albacore11

albacore11 Member Intrepid 200# Club

Name:
    Christopher
    Boat:
    Gone but not forgotten
    You people need to relax, it isn't the fault of Pelagic Outfitters. If they aren't shipped the reels, they can't fill orders. Just as a comparison, I believe a bunch of us pre-ordered an Okuma reel and then it experienced problems in production, think it was over a year before we received them, and then Okuma was gracious enough to sweeten the deal and Pelagic Outfitters tossed in a gift card as well.

skotz likes this.
  6. Kcosca

Kcosca Newbie

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    None
    Still waiting for a Tranx that was purchased on Nov 30. How is it that they are described as a stand up company but you have to wait multiple months for product?

I have called repeatedly and have been told next week many times, and that they will call with an update. I have given them my number at least 5 times...and have received zero calls back for the update....

Not stand up at all...

I guess it time to call the CC company and then reorder from a stand up company that actually delivers product.

Great price but if you can't get the merchandise does it matter.

I just want the damn merchandise I ordered in a timely fashion not too much to ask in this day and age.

Rip~Tide and Cubeye like this.
  7. hotrail20

hotrail20 Intrepid 200 LB Club

Name:
    Leonard
    Boat:
    Yours
    Pelagic Outfitters is a Stand up company when they wait for certain reels its because Okuma or Shimano are west coast based so 1st orders go to the West coast. Yes you can order or walk in to any OC shop but Obviously you ordered from them to Save money pay no tax and get free shipping. So you wanted to save a buck. Next time go somewhere and pay Full retail and tax and it will be in your hands instantly and then you wont need to come on here and Cry like a baby.

SouthBayKiller likes this.
  8. Kcosca

Kcosca Newbie

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    None
    lmao I need to start a business with no follow up, take peoples dough, don't deliver goods and people think i am legit.

Got to love the loyalty.

pascuale and Cubeye like this.
  9. hotrail20

hotrail20 Intrepid 200 LB Club

Name:
    Leonard
    Boat:
    Yours
    I waited over 1 month for Tesoro 10 but they told me up front the situation, I got a deal and knew it so I waited

SouthBayKiller likes this.
  10. bonefish bob

bonefish bob Flats rat

Name:
    Bob
    Boat:
    none
    I'm in the same boat ordered in November. haven't received my Penn 12visxs yet. Sent an email to Penn 6 weeks ago. Penn replied that they had no order from Pelagic Outfitters for that reel. I notified Chris and he disputed Penn's response and said he would take it up with his Penn rep. Since that time I have called only to find their mail box full. I have emailed numerous times with no response.
    I understand that P/O are in business to sale merchandise and that they can only ship what they receive. What I don't understand is their lack of communication. That's where the frustration sits in.
    They are running their business with money that we as customers fronted for our products. Not to mention the finance charges on the C/C for a product the we don't have.

pascuale, Rip~Tide and Cubeye like this.
  11. chxh8me

chxh8me Anchovy Slayer

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    21' BW Walkaround, OK Prowler 13T yak
    Everyone complaining about having to wait for a product that they got for 20% off, plus no sales tax, plus free shipping can always go pay full price (plus tax) at their local tackle shop and get the instant gratification they desire.

I haven’t had a chance to take advantage of their discount, but I won’t hesitate next time they offer it. A lot of the reels everyone purchased are new to market, so Im not surprised there’s a supply/demand issue given the instant popularity of some of these reels.

12. bonefish bob

bonefish bob Flats rat

Name:
    Bob
    Boat:
    none
    Sure I understand that ,however I elected to do business with P/ O and they least they can do is communicate.
    If they don't have enough personnel, they should hire some temp person to handle their phones and internet.
    Also if I was told that they did not have the reels in stock, I would of then at least had the opportunity to make a decision as to wait or purchase some where else.
    They should have been more prudent about the supply they could get and have some in stock. It feels like they waited to get paid from the customers before purchasing product's.
    If you do the math it has cost me $250.00 interest paid on a product I don't have.
    3+ months of waiting for any product with out hearing from the supplier is unprofessional in my opinion.
    As far a purchasing the feel at full cost goes, I can't even do that because they won't respond to my emails.
    Do you work for or have any connection with P/O? It feels as though you do as defensive as you seem. In fact if you do have any connection, please get my reel for me.

Robert Mankin

On Feb 23, 2018 5:27 PM, BDOutdoors <[email protected]> wrote:

Cubeye likes this.
  13. rockfish123

rockfish123 Newbie

Name:
    Stan
    Boat:
    None
    I had the exact experience. I got so frustrated by them. I was told many times "should be next week", only to call the next week and be told "should be next week". A few frustrating months later, I finally have the reel come in, AND the spectra was torn up and the reel had NO FREESPOOL? umm, shouldn't they have caught that when they were spooling the reel?

I'm sorry, that's poor customer service and not worth the savings imo. Now I have a "repaired" reel that I'm worried will blow up on a nice fish, or find the defective spectra at the bottom of the spool. Totally lost trust in this company.

14. JoeInMN

JoeInMN Fishing from 40 below to 120 above..

Name:
    Joseph Koep
    Boat:
    American Angler , Ice Castle Fish House
    A lot of the reals purchased like im my case are not new to the marketand most retailers had them on hand. Not knowing any better I went with PO and saved the extra 5% over a bunch of others, how I wish I didn't.

I received my order months after the fact, I have concerns because of the story's of bad reels and nicked spectra I've heard. To a point I'm almost ready to dump the spectra and have them re spooled, so now I will be out even more money.

I won't do business with them again and I won't hold back telling others not to if asked. These are nott isolated cases. After the fact I searched Google and on other boards even more people with issues. From now on the extra money will be spent somewhere else where I have trust.

Rip~Tide, Cubeye and ifish42na like this.
  15. Kcosca

Kcosca Newbie

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    None
    I just received notice from UPS the reel is on the way, delivery of March 5. I did not opt for the spectra purchase through P/O as I purchased from private party on this site and it arrived in two days.

I will update the post when I receive the reel as to its condition.

Their communication is awful which is causing a lot of these problems. Chris is a nice enough guy but when you can't get a hold of anyone, don't get return calls and get no initial feedback telling you it may be a few moths to get delivery it becomes a problem.

nmthree and Shotgun Louie like this.
  16. bonefish bob

bonefish bob Flats rat

Name:
    Bob
    Boat:
    none
    Congratulations Kevin. I hope he reel works out for you.
    I agree with what you have said, Chris seems like a nice enough guy and I understand she has been I'll. However neither one of those things are a reason for the poor way he is conducting his business.
    It a shame, I was told P/O was a stand up company and I know a number of people that have done business with them that are not going to do so in the future.
    Since they wot return calls I can't even cancel my order, so I guess I have no choice but to hang in there.
    Hey maybe that is their strategy, don't answer the phones and you get any cancellations!!!!

17. Shotgun Louie

Shotgun Louie Newbie

Name:
    Louie
    Boat:
    N/A
    Congrats Kevin.

Bob I am in the same boat as you, waiting for my reel to come in since Black Friday. No emails back from PO and no one picks up the phone every day I call their shop. They must have me on call block lol.

18. Kcosca

Kcosca Newbie

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    None
    March 1 Update:

Reel showed up today, original delivery date was the 4th so was pleasantly surprised to receive it on the 1st.

Pics attached reel is brand-new, box was sealed and everything is working as expected.

I hope you all receive your merchandise soon!

KC IMG_2451.jpg IMG_2452.jpg

bob1825 likes this.
  19. bonefish bob

bonefish bob Flats rat

Name:
    Bob
    Boat:
    none
    Would you believe that I actually spoke with Larry this morning.....He said that they(PO) are getting nothing from Penn. He said that PO have emailed Penn twice in the past week with no response. Larry went on to say that even the other people he buys from can not get the silver 12visx.
    Makes you wonder what's up with Penn?

20. j fish

j fish Member

Name:
    jay
    Boat:
    none
    Web site now says the 12 will be available in June. What a fiasco Penn has created. Hope it'll be worth the wait.