PENN

zing1402

• Jul 13, 2020
    yorba linda
    Name
    nick
    Boat
    which one
    Left the dock at about 5:45 and headed to the bait barge to find nobody in line grabbed two scoops of pretty beat up bait and off we went. Cracked a beer lit a smoke and off we went to the 101 weather was nice but it sure was cold. we got to the 101 and found really warm water around 66/67 degrees lots of life but no fish to be seen. So we head towards the upper hidden stopped on a few empty paddy's until we found the super paddy with birds living on top of it. we get ready throw some bait on it we are sure "this is the one" not a damn thing. I left my rod in the holder on my way to get a beer and i hear the reel start to scream "fuck yeah we are on" grab the rod wind down and set the hook and it just doesn't fight get it up to see it a 2' wide bat ray. We press on to the upper hidden nobody around but the seiners and tons of life saw a few breazers of bluefin that just didn't want to play. had them under the boat for a while but no bites we tried it all it just wasn't our day. all in all the weather was great and the beer was cold it was a good day. sorry no pics didn't the the bat ray was gonna be the catch of the day.

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
  • Dec 20, 2008
    San Clemente
    Name
    Brett Weinberg
    Boat
    Parker 2120SCDV
    Not sure it was dark almost black looked like a bat ray 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Here you go. Promise it was a pelagic ray. Not that un common to get them offshroe drifiting or fishing paddies.

1622587976133.png

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    I know a couple guys...
    I had the same experience a couple years ago on the south 9 fly lining a paddy.

I thought nobody would ever believe me when I posted that I caught a stingray on the surface, offshore, on a paddy at that.

Turns out I was one of the few guys that never heard or saw a pelagic ray before. Still pretty cool.🤙

Reactions: zing1402
    Upvote 0

zing1402

• Jul 13, 2020
    yorba linda
    Name
    nick
    Boat
    which one
    I had the same experience a couple years ago on the south 9 fly lining a paddy.

I thought nobody would ever believe me when I posted that I caught a stingray on the surface, offshore, on a paddy at that.

Turns out I was one of the few guys that never heard or saw a pelagic ray before. Still pretty cool.🤙
    I should have ate the fucker just for making me think it was a yt for that split second

Upvote 0

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    Batray's in Sf Bay, keep the deckies buisy, everyone wants to see, before cutting line, thinking big Hali, or White Seabass, mostly Ray's.

Upvote 0