5/27 ON on the TruLine

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by WreckinBall, May 27, 2006.

1. WreckinBall

WreckinBall The sober one

Name:
    Jerry
    Boat:
    Island Tak, Prowler, RRIII, TG80, Royal Star, etc....
    Up until we got to the boat, the plan was SCI. When we boarded, the skipper said it was WAY too snotty for Clemente, and we'd jig squid at Catalina and make for Santa Barbara Island. Halfway to SBI, we turned around. It was just too windy, too rough.

So, we fished Catalina with everyone else. Saw plenty of PBs out there, but got no BD howdys returned from flyin' the bird at everyone, so I guess I didn't see any of you guys out there. The frontside was windy and choppy, and we had a hard time holding anchor. Steve wouln't consider going to the back side, given the conditions. We were limited to just a couple of spots on the day on the West End, as everything East of us was six boats deep.

We managed a couple of rat yellows (none for me, thanks :finger: ) and a few of us limited on Calicos, with most everyone scoring 3-5 checkers, and a mix of sheepsheads, whitefish, perch, triggerfish, etc. Not great fishing, but we had a good time on the water.

I did manage to catch a Blue/Blacksmith/Whatever perch on a birdshit 7X, and I've never done that before.

Oh, yeah. No pics :finger:

2. JBait

JBait Selfish Bastard

Name:
    Ole
    Boat:
    Davis Bahia 25
    Weather sucked for everyone.

3. Mamoo

Mamoo Fishing Prodigy

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    Float tube
    Thats a bust Jerry. Too bad it couldnt be better.

4. Tunaslam

Tunaslam I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Cory Visser
    Boat:
    N/A
    Sounds like you made the best of the conditions. Hope this weather improves Monday. It's the pits not being able to fish on a 3 day weekend, without getting your arse handed to you by the wind and swells.

5. tylerderdan

tylerderdan Stay classy San diego

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    215cc triumph "Unforgiven"
    Man that's a tough one. Well get out there Jerry a couple weeks after the baby comes. Thanks for the report man!

6. jstcrzyengh

jstcrzyengh Newbie

Name:
    James
    Boat:
    none
    Hey Jerry, its always good to get out on the water. I hope to have the mechanic get out and fix the rich running engine and when the warm water opens back up from down south well go head out to the 371 for tails or if the tuna decide to get closer....

7. WreckinBall

WreckinBall The sober one

Name:
    Jerry
    Boat:
    Island Tak, Prowler, RRIII, TG80, Royal Star, etc....
    I'm countin' on it, Scott.
    Either way, I'm down for bloodying your decks, and for cleaning 'em up, too.

I look forward to fishing with both you guys (and whomever else from this site I end up on a deck with) this season.