Inshore 5/23 Capitola skiff doormat

bassandbutts

Feb 15, 2012
CA
Name
Tim
Boat
It floats
Took my kid and my brother and nephew out to Capitola on a skiff Sunday. After jigging up some live jacksmelt, kingfish, and anchovies the kids hooked two that didn't stick. Dropped down a live kingfish and we hooked one that managed to stick.
My kid did an excellent job reeling this one in and we put a jumbo doormat in the skiff.
Live kingfish off Surfers Reef. Yes, I did an awesome job gaffing this butt while trying to keep my kid from dropping my new Phenix rod and Diawa Prorex 400 overboard lol.
Tight lines peeps :-)
Tim

IMG-1070.jpg

IMG-1062.jpg

rex

May 15, 2007
Riverside
Name
rex
Boat
16 ft cobia
Took my kid and my brother and nephew out to Capitola on a skiff Sunday. After jigging up some live jacksmelt, kingfish, and anchovies the kids hooked two that didn't stick. Dropped down a live kingfish and we hooked one that managed to stick.
My kid did an excellent job reeling this one in and we put a jumbo doormat in the skiff.
Live kingfish off Surfers Reef. Yes, I did an awesome job gaffing this butt while trying to keep my kid from dropping my new Phenix rod and Diawa Prorex 400 overboard lol.
Tight lines peeps :-)
Tim

View attachment 1283460

View attachment 1283461
Beautiful!!

Upvote 0